Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 07-31-2010   #1
Sluggo
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Sluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I Hate This Team

I hate the Tennessee Titans. I mean I hate the Titans more than the Cowboys and believe me, thats saying something. I hate the Titans maybe the way I hate taxes and humidity.

Maybe it is because they broke my heart when they left us for Possum Holler. Man I used to bleed Columbia Blue; from Dan Pastorini and Campbell to Moon, Drew Hill, and Mike Munchak. When they blew the infamous 32 point lead in Buffalo in the playoffs I swore I was done with them. However when I found myself looking forward to training camp that next year it was then I came to the realization that I was among the most wretched creatures God ever created - an Oilers fan.

When they left us however, it all changed.

Some were able to keep their loyalties, [i]hey it was Bud who screwed us, Bud and Steve Underwood moved the team! Has nothing to do with the players. Yeah I know, but I could never quite make that seperation.

When our Texans began play in the AFC South it was a natural rivalry - given the history anyway, maybe not necessarily between the players. Yet I think it is now. The Vince thing has helped. Certainly made it even more personal among the fans and I believe it has bled over to the players as well - he makes it so personal against us it naturally makes them want to beat him.

Now add the fact that the Titans have had some of the mouthiest players in the league it seems. Yeah a number of them have moved on over the last couple years like Haynesworth, Lindell White, Keith Bullock, and Kyle Vandenbosch. Yet punks like Cortland Finnegan, aka "Andre's *****", and Stephen Tulloch seem eager to take up the slack.

Rivalries make football the intense, awesome pastime that it is, and we seem to have a good one in the AFC South.
Im so ready for the season to begin; I'm ready to kick some Titan ass!
Sluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Hate This Team

I really dislike the Titans...

But for some reason I am more pupmed about the cowboys game. Maybe it's because I know so many of them and they're so close to us (many live in the same city as us) but this year I am pumped for the Cowboy game.

Last edited by Rey; 07-31-2010 at 02:30 AM.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010   #3
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing gets me more pumped up than when we play the flaming meatballs from possum hollar. Bud can choke on a ****.
Old 07-31-2010   #4
Sluggo
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Sluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respectedSluggo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
flaming meatballs
Can't say I've ever heard it expressed quite like that. Nice!
Old 07-31-2010   #5
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
Can't say I've ever heard it expressed quite like that. Nice!
Thanks. Read it on this board a few times. Their logo looks like a ghetto ass flaming meatball, not unlike their fans. Yahtzee!
Old 07-31-2010   #6
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Boils down to do you still wish you had the Oilers more than the Texans. If the owner and the new franchise are so fantastic, why still belabor Bud moving on. Is Houston better or worse since their departure? If better, why hold on to the anger of Bud moving on? Are we blind to the new marriage to Houston because we can't deal with the divorce? The Oilers are gone and ain't coming back, let's not act as though we are settling for the new love.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
Thanks. Read it on this board a few times. Their logo looks like a ghetto ass flaming meatball, not unlike their fans. Yahtzee!
Also:

Tacks
Titians
Inbred Children of Uranus (ICOU)

Pretty sure I'm forgetting a couple.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-01-2010   #8
Sway
Veteran

Rep Power: 183 Sway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respected

I too felt so burned with the Oilers move.... but with the past 8 years living in San Antonio, my absolute hatred for the cowgirls has definately quadrupled. Everywhere I go, people are sporting cowgirl crud- at the school I work at everyone bashes the Texans- and I teach Texas history I mean come on!
All of the beer in town has cowboy logos, and I make it very clear that I refuse to buy it because of that. Do these people really have to have gargantuan stickers of the star on the truck for the entire year? At least the spurs nuts can say they're in the same friggin city. I walk into HEB with my Texans shopping bags (i do not like recyclable bags. what a pain) and I get nasty looks from shoppers and REALLY nasty looks from the baggers. Jerks. There are nothing but cowboy coolers, shirts, jerseys, etc. at the grocery stores AND at academy. I ask the academy managers why they don't carry Texan gear, and they tell me "we don't sponser that team". I find it funny they can tell me that when the academy logo is on the scoreboard at Reliant. I HATE this city! Wore my OD jersey yesterday and got a compliment- it made my day :-) I really hope we cream the 'girls in September.

Had to rant. sorry.
Sway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010   #9
Sluggo
Rookie

I'm with you Rey. We play the Titans twice a year, the Cowgirls just once every four years. Besides we have to live and work beside obnoxious Cowgirls fans day in, day out. I have those knuckleheaded people throughout my family, so yeah the third game of our season this year is going to be really special!
Old 08-05-2010   #10
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
I hate the Tennessee Titans. I mean I hate the Titans more than the Cowboys and believe me, thats saying something. I hate the Titans maybe the way I hate taxes and humidity.

Maybe it is because they broke my heart when they left us for Possum Holler. Man I used to bleed Columbia Blue; from Dan Pastorini and Campbell to Moon, Drew Hill, and Mike Munchak. When they blew the infamous 32 point lead in Buffalo in the playoffs I swore I was done with them. However when I found myself looking forward to training camp that next year it was then I came to the realization that I was among the most wretched creatures God ever created - an Oilers fan.

When they left us however, it all changed.

Some were able to keep their loyalties, [i]hey it was Bud who screwed us, Bud and Steve Underwood moved the team! Has nothing to do with the players. Yeah I know, but I could never quite make that seperation.

When our Texans began play in the AFC South it was a natural rivalry - given the history anyway, maybe not necessarily between the players. Yet I think it is now. The Vince thing has helped. Certainly made it even more personal among the fans and I believe it has bled over to the players as well - he makes it so personal against us it naturally makes them want to beat him.

Now add the fact that the Titans have had some of the mouthiest players in the league it seems. Yeah a number of them have moved on over the last couple years like Haynesworth, Lindell White, Keith Bullock, and Kyle Vandenbosch. Yet punks like Cortland Finnegan, aka "Andre's *****", and Stephen Tulloch seem eager to take up the slack.

Rivalries make football the intense, awesome pastime that it is, and we seem to have a good one in the AFC South.
Im so ready for the season to begin; I'm ready to kick some Titan ass!
I don't remember posting this and I don't remember signing in with the user name Sluggo. However I must have because this is me to a T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
If some dude was banging my wife and it led to a divorce which then led to me finding a better wife, I might be happy that it happened but I'm not gonna go thank the dude that was banging my wife. If that makes sense...
Exactly, I just don't get why some don't get it. The odd thing is no one ever questions why Cleveland fans hate Art Modell and the Ravens.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010   #11
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I don't remember posting this and I don't remember signing in with the user name Sluggo. However I must have because this is me to a T.

Exactly, I just don't get why some don't get it. The odd thing is no one ever questions why Cleveland fans hate Art Modell and the Ravens.
I don't have a particular interest in Cleveland so this could be an assumption instead of a reality. For some reason I thought that Modell didn't tell the city of Cleveland or fans anything, just packed up in the wee hours of the night and headed out of town.

If true, even though offended I would prefer being told years in advance the departure was leaving rather than waking up to an empty house.

The Texans fans ended up with a more desirable owner, more bling than Bud offered if he would have stayed, yet some are still unhappy?
Old 08-05-2010   #12
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I don't have a particular interest in Cleveland so this could be an assumption instead of a reality. For some reason I thought that Modell didn't tell the city of Cleveland or fans anything, just packed up in the wee hours of the night and headed out of town.

If true, even though offended I would prefer being told years in advance the departure was leaving rather than waking up to an empty house.

The Texans fans ended up with a more desirable owner, more bling than Bud offered if he would have stayed, yet some are still unhappy?
I guess it's one of those "if you have to ask, you'll never know" deals.
Old 08-05-2010   #13
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post

No, that was the Colts that left in the middle of the night. Modell did the same as Adams, bitched about needing a new stadium, etc then finally took off for a better deal. However I don't see the difference.

If you wake up one morning and find your wife has ran off with another man, or she tells you in advance that she is running off with another man, what's the difference?? She is still a winch.

The only reason Bud Adams didn't leave Houston overnight is because he couldn't due to his contractual obligations to the Astrodome.

So if the Cowboys moved to Boise Idaho and became the Idaho Potato Heads you would have no ill feelings towards your former team or Jerry Jones? (assuming you would not be one of those morons that would still support a team that turns its back on its fanbase)
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010   #14
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
No, that was the Colts that left in the middle of the night. Modell did the same as Adams, bitched about needing a new stadium, etc then finally took off for a better deal. However I don't see the difference.
Thanks for the correction. See how much I remember.

Quote:
If you wake up one morning and find your wife has ran off with another man, or she tells you in advance that she is running off with another man, what's the difference?? She is still a winch.
Not necessarily, it depends on the husband.

Quote:
The only reason Bud Adams didn't leave Houston overnight is because he couldn't due to his contractual obligations to the Astrodome.
I believe that Bud really wanted to stay, but Bob Lanier called his bluff.

Quote:
So if the Cowboys moved to Boise Idaho and became the Idaho Potato Heads you would have no ill feelings towards your former team or Jerry Jones? (assuming you would not be one of those morons that would still support a team that turns its back on its fanbase)
I would just have to settle in for the new location since the fan base can be everywhere. Since Dallas didn't vote to move the Cowboys to Dallas, I would be cool with the named being dropped now. It would, however, be a tremendous travel disadvantage. I will ignore the assumption.

OBTW, I am on a limb out here assuming this is the Smack Thread.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read