Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 05-02-2010   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Fan Stereotypes

Wrote a blog post about NFL fan stereotypes, creating stereotypes and how it was at the draft party. Some of y'all might be interested in it:

On fan stereotypes, the media, and the Texans draft party

I think I was pretty fair.
Old 05-02-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 32275 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fan Stereotypes

Great read Steph! Thank you, I really enjoy your insights. I am hoping we can become a fanbase known nationally for intensity & tailgating
Old 05-04-2010   #3
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well written and I agree, when I think of Texans fans I only think of this place. Nothing I can really identify you all with at this point. That may change when I make my way down there at some point.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010   #4
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2316 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Cowboy fans are the worst in the NFL .... I think you did a great job describing them....I really think that their fans believe NFL should be changed to TCP (Teams Cowboys Play)

As for the Texans fans...(outside of Reliant) We are the "Loch Ness Monsters" of fans....you see pictures of us and every once in a while you hear from us on radio and TV but finding them in large groups is rare and getting your hands on them nearly impossible(especially outside of Houston).
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010   #5
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
Cowboy fans are the worst in the NFL .... I think you did a great job describing them....I really think that their fans believe NFL should be changed to TCP (Teams Cowboys Play)

As for the Texans fans...(outside of Reliant) We are the "Loch Ness Monsters" of fans....you see pictures of us and every once in a while you hear from us on radio and TV but finding them in large groups is rare and getting your hands on them nearly impossible(especially outside of Houston).
See it is this stuff that gives Texans fans a bad name. The description was so far off and comments like yours make the fanbase seem petty and like there is an inferiority problem. Many good Cowboy fans are around and a many spent their lives watching them. It is funny how within the NFC East the rivalries are so steep that most fans from all the fanbases talk. All of them dislike each other. Yet people here act like Cowboy fans are all the same, the only ones that talk, etc. I mean Hook em, a Giants guy, was talking rudely about the Boys the other day. Is that acceptable because its the Cowboys?As a rival it doesn't bother me but people need to stop acting like one fanbase does it. Stereotypes, in general, are plain silly. In the long run, just like in real life, it is a few who reinforce it while there are many living their regular lives that don't support it. There are many Cowboy fans on this board, all good people, all who don't talk alot. Most of us came from the area or grew up from the 70s watching the team. Most of us are from families that watched them. Friends too. All good, normal people working and watching games. Bad seeds at games or in certain cities don't make fanbases.

Just from what I've read here from old schoolers and and from what I've seen and heard out there the best thing for Texans fans is to make their own identity and stop trying to be obsessed with being better than the Cowboys. Whether it be friendly tailgaters, etc. The team is talented and will win. Then you go from there. What shouldn't happen is having the "little brother syndrome" and always comparing themselves to the Cowboys or this random Dallas v Houston thing. The Oilers did it successfully. Alot of these thoughts aren't mine. I've actually seen alot of good Texans fans say it here. I mean look at the thread below this about the November showdown. It is looking to pick a fight instead of discuss the game. How is that a good way to do things?
Old 05-04-2010   #6
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
See it is this stuff that gives Texans fans a bad name. The description was so far off and comments like yours make the fanbase seem petty and like there is an inferiority problem. Many good Cowboy fans are around and a many spent their lives watching them. It is funny how within the NFC East the rivalries are so steep that most fans from all the fanbases talk. All of them dislike each other. Yet people here act like Cowboy fans are all the same, the only ones that talk, etc. I mean Hook em, a Giants guy, was talking rudely about the Boys the other day. Is that acceptable because its the Cowboys?As a rival it doesn't bother me but people need to stop acting like one fanbase does it. Stereotypes, in general, are plain silly. In the long run, just like in real life, it is a few who reinforce it while there are many living their regular lives that don't support it. There are many Cowboy fans on this board, all good people, all who don't talk alot. Most of us came from the area or grew up from the 70s watching the team. Most of us are from families that watched them. Friends too. All good, normal people working and watching games. Bad seeds at games or in certain cities don't make fanbases.

Just from what I've read here from old schoolers and and from what I've seen and heard out there the best thing for Texans fans is to make their own identity and stop trying to be obsessed with being better than the Cowboys. Whether it be friendly tailgaters, etc. The team is talented and will win. Then you go from there. What shouldn't happen is having the "little brother syndrome" and always comparing themselves to the Cowboys or this random Dallas v Houston thing. The Oilers did it successfully. Alot of these thoughts aren't mine. I've actually seen alot of good Texans fans say it here. I mean look at the thread below this about the November showdown. It is looking to pick a fight instead of discuss the game. How is that a good way to do things?
Frog take a look at the Cowboy fans we encounter at each and every meeting of the Texans and Cowboys--- Arrogant and acting like thier poop don't stink touting five peices of Jewelry that we could care less about. Making an excuse about September 8 2002 when we all know Yep God and Every Body you got your Star Polished By the one and only David Carr and the Texans who came to play. Not one Cowboy fan stepped up and took defeat but they just refered to Dave Campo and the Ill fated mistake that was the cowboys. Tell me if you saw it different cause I sure did not.
Old 05-06-2010   #7
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2316 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post

Well I was just speaking as someone who lives in a city where there are more Cowboy fans per capita than than in Dallas. I stand by my statement. They are the worst they feel that they are the New York Yankees of football. Every position player is the best at their position because if they were not the Cowboys wouldnt have them. Can you beleieve that there are some in this town who think Miles Austin is better than AJ. I kid you not it was on the radio ( and he wasnt only caller who thought so)

Every year its the same the boys should be 13-3 and in the superbowl and if they are not then you hear the vast ripping of the Cowboys stars off the el caminos in favor of Lakers stick-ons.
I can give you thousands of examples how they are the worst...but if you have been in the restrooms at Reliant and gotten hassled by Cowboy fan because the Texans are loosing and they arent playing Dallas..then you should agree with me..Cowboy fans suck.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read