Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-08-2005   #1
shicks3781

Default Sharper to Seattle????

Someone on another message board said, "I was listening to sporting news radio.Driving home for work last night when a caller came on from Houston claiming to have a inside source with the Texans and said that Sharper might be traded to the Seahawks." I was just wondering if any of you Texans fans had hear anything about this?
Old 03-08-2005   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard the call last night. Could have been anyone. Seattle has invited Hartwell to talk about a contract though, so they could very well be talking to Sharper.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #3
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I heard the call last night. Could have been anyone. Seattle has invited Hartwell to talk about a contract though, so they could very well be talking to Sharper.
my source at the local dairy queen told me that burger king spits in their burgers...

would you believe me?

unidentified sources over the radio from callers are crapshoots
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
my source at the local dairy queen told me that burger king spits in their burgers...

would you believe me?

unidentified sources over the radio from callers are crapshoots
If you read that little part that says, "could have been anyone", it gives a small clue that I really think that it very well could have been anyone. That includes someone who knows Jamie, to well...anyone, including the Dairy Queen guy.

Old 03-08-2005   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

First ive heard of it. Most of the rumors here have the Texans trading Sharper +13 to Cleveland for #3
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

I wouldn't put much stock in that Browns rumor. The fans may want it but there is no way the Browns are seriously considering that.

Old 03-08-2005   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I wouldn't put much stock in that Browns rumor. The fans may want it but there is no way the Browns are seriously considering that.

If i were the Browns GM no way i touch this deal either ..... just a rumor
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-08-2005   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
If i were the Browns GM no way i touch this deal either ..... just a rumor
Is it really a "rumor"? Or just some madeup trade by a poster on dawgtalk? Does anyone have a link? The trade seems absurd for the Browns & absurd for Sharper (thought he wanted to go to a winner). Do the Texans really want to pay anyone in this draft #3 money?
Old 03-08-2005   #9
Dionysus22
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Do the Texans really want to pay anyone in this draft #3 money?
Knowing Casserly, No Way!! We're too busy giving the money to injury-prone "old guys".

I know this is a bit off subject but, why does Houston do this? It's not just the Texans, but the Rockets and Astros do the same thing. Why do we always pick up guys on the down side of their careers? We never go after the "big fish". Last year was the first time I saw it when we signed Clemens(he is still at the top of his game) and when we tried to throw Beltran some cash but went for the bigger pay day, but that's a whole other story. It's like we're too scared to take a chance, so we opt for the "middle of the road" kinda guy that isn't gonna cost us much but won't get us to the title. I'm tired of our teams seen as great contenders but not enough to make it.
Dionysus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005   #10
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by shicks3781
Someone on another message board said, "I was listening to sporting news radio.Driving home for work last night when a caller came on from Houston claiming to have a inside source with the Texans and said that Sharper might be traded to the Seahawks." I was just wondering if any of you Texans fans had hear anything about this?

I read on another message board (espn) from a non Texan fan who owns a restaurant where Sharper was dining at.....who apparently overheard suppossedly imminent trade talk with Seattle???

Who knows. All just rumors at this point.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read