Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-30-2010   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Texans Mock Draft (Personal Favs)

1.) Earl Thomas (FS/CB) Texas - Can play FS or CB depending on the package. Will give us more flexability, and ability to beat the colts.

2.) Jonathan Dwyer (RB) Georgia Tech - Large frame, never injured, one cut and go.

3.) Mike Johnson (OG) Alabama - ZBS guard who will be good depth unless he beats out Mike Brisel, Wade Smith, or Kasey Studdard.

4.) Donovan Warren (CB) Michigan - Drops from round 1-2 to round 4 due to his 40 time. Should turn into a starter in a couple of years.

5.) Jeremy Williams (WR) Tulane - Good hands. Good Speed. Texans showing interest.

6.) Leigh Tiffin (K) Alabama - Finally some competition for Kris Brown.

6.) Ben Burney (CB) Colorado - Speedster. Might need to be taken a round higher.

7.) Antonio Coleman (OLB) Auburn - Played end, but I am moving him to OLB. Will be a special teamer as well. TFL machine.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Mock Draft (Personal Favs)

I like it. Many people here don't like Dwyer but I do. He has those thick ass legs like MJD. Not as quick as MJD but bigger.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010   #3
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Dwy-er! Dwy-er!
Old 03-30-2010   #4
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
1.) Earl Thomas (FS/CB) Texas - Can play FS or CB depending on the package. Will give us more flexability, and ability to beat the colts.

2.) Jonathan Dwyer (RB) Georgia Tech - Large frame, never injured, one cut and go.

3.) Mike Johnson (OG) Alabama - ZBS guard who will be good depth unless he beats out Mike Brisel, Wade Smith, or Kasey Studdard.

4.) Donovan Warren (CB) Michigan - Drops from round 1-2 to round 4 due to his 40 time. Should turn into a starter in a couple of years.

5.) Jeremy Williams (WR) Tulane - Good hands. Good Speed. Texans showing interest.

6.) Leigh Tiffin (K) Alabama - Finally some competition for Kris Brown.

6.) Ben Burney (CB) Colorado - Speedster. Might need to be taken a round higher.

7.) Antonio Coleman (OLB) Auburn - Played end, but I am moving him to OLB. Will be a special teamer as well. TFL machine.
I'd walk away really happy with those first four rounds. I really like Donovan Warren and feel he would be really solid value in the 4th.

The only pick I'm not that excited about is your 7th rounder, converting a DE to OLB wouldn't seem like the best use of the pick but then again it is a 7th rounder so how much could you expect. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Texans take a QB with their 7th rounder.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010   #5
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see Warren lasting that long. I hope Thomas drops to us.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #6
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spled View Post
I don't see Warren lasting that long. I hope Thomas drops to us.
I guess we wont know until draft day. Warren has been dropping like a rock, but he could be taken in the 3rd round easy. I have seen Thomas going as high as #7 which is strange, down to #24. So its still a mystery where these players will be drafted. But I think we have a legit shot at him. If he is not available, I would take Ryan Mathews in round 1, and Patrick Robinson in round 2.
Old 03-31-2010   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I was going to take Warren with Lions pick in the 4th round fwiw.
Old 03-31-2010   #8
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I was going to take Warren with Lions pick in the 4th round fwiw.
So I guess I would need to take Donovan in the 3rd, and my guard in the 4th.

Shawn Lauvao
Shane Beadles

1.) Earl Thomas (FS/CB) Texas
2.) Jonathan Dwyer (RB) Georgia Tech
3.) Donovan Warren (CB) Michigan
4.) Shawn Lauvao, OG, Arizona State
5.) Jeremy Williams, WR, Tulane
6.) Leigh Tiffin, K, Alabama
6.) Ben Burney, CB, Colorado
7.) Antonio Coleman, OLB, Auburn

Last edited by Blake; 03-31-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-02-2010   #9
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I'd walk away really happy with those first four rounds. I really like Donovan Warren and feel he would be really solid value in the 4th.

The only pick I'm not that excited about is your 7th rounder, converting a DE to OLB wouldn't seem like the best use of the pick but then again it is a 7th rounder so how much could you expect. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Texans take a QB with their 7th rounder.
That's exactly when you take conversions, in the 7th. I like it. Solid mock overall.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read