Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-07-2004   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Sean Taylor Punked!

Quote:
Redskins Note: Arrington put a scare into safety Sean Taylor yesterday, sneaking up behind the rookie while he was speaking to the media after a minicamp practice and hitting him in the face with a shaving cream pie. The prank -- something Williams called "part of being a rookie" -- left Taylor shaken and yelling that he could not see.

Arrington helped Taylor wipe the cream from his face when he realized the youngster was having difficulty with his vision. Cornerback Shawn Springs was nearby, and he too tended to Taylor.

Taylor, who was the fifth overall pick in the draft and is unsigned at this time, was not seriously injured and left Redskins Park normally.

"I got him good, but I got him too good," Arrington said while leaving Redskins Park. "That's horrible. I feel bad now. But he'll be all right. . . . I've done that before and I've had it done to me, and I've never seen that. He panicked. He scared the bejesus out of me."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2004Jun5.html
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004   #2
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

That would have sucked if the Skins lost Taylor to a shaving cream pie, and I would have hated to be Arrington.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Redskins | Taylor Out With Eye Irritation - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 12:22:39 -0700

The Washington Post reports Washington Redskins rookie S Sean Taylor (eye) sat out practice Sunday, June 6, with an eye irritation.
Shaving cream? Yeah that's a bright idea.
Old 06-07-2004   #4
clandestin
Veteran

here's the video, not quite as bad as the Post made it sound:

http://members.cox.net/crazyzeb/STaylor_PieInFace.mpg
clandestin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004   #5
J-Man
Veteran

Excellent work Clandestin!!!!!!!

Best laugh that I've had all day...and I totally agree, not near as bad as the article made it sound.

Eat 'em Up, KATS!
J-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004   #6
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I could see shaving cream being tough on the eyes.
Old 06-09-2004   #7
Brian_Berlin
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Brian_Berlin
Default "I can't see!"

The prank... left Taylor shaken and yelling that he could not see.

Great, now I'm going to have "Don't Eat The Yellow Snow" (Zappa) in my head all day today. haha

Last edited by Brian_Berlin; 06-09-2004 at 08:31 AM.
Brian_Berlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-20-2004   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Way back in mini-camp, Arrington popped Taylor with a shaving cream pie in the face. It ended up making Taylor miss a day or two of camp with eye irritation.
Old 08-20-2004   #9
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Here is the thread

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...ghlight=taylor

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #10
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

I don't know...Taylor sure sounds like the next Ronnie Lott to me.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004   #11
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Didn't Ronnie Lott play a game with a broken thumb? Guess it might be a different story if Lott had some shaving cream in his eyes.

The kid does look promising, but at the moment he looks to be a handful off the field.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read