Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-23-2010   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 4th and 5th

Our three picks in these two rounds should add high quality depth if not eventual starters. WHo will you be focusing on in the combine?

DT Linvale Joseph: I want to see if BeerLover guided me right.
OG/OT Marshall Newhouse: I'd like to see him and Joseph banging on each other in Texans practice. Two big old strong boys!
FS Robert Johnson Hope he is there in 5th.
LB Angerer
OG Sergio Render
OG Shawn Lauvao
Cb Jerome Murphy he is very good.
Old 02-23-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 119243 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 4th and 5th

I really like Joseph. Also
John Jerry OG
Owusu-Ansah CB
Brandon Ghee CB
and Anthony Dixon may be availble in the later middle rounds
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010   #3
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

In the mid rounds I'll be watching for
Myron Lewis-FS
Myron Rolle-SS
Robert Johnson-FS
Thomas Austin-OG
Sergio Render-OG
Eric Olsen-C
Matt Tennant-C
Trevard Lindley-CB
Alterran Verner-CB
Syd Quan Thompson-CB
Ben Tate-RB
LeGarrette Blount-RB
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
In the mid rounds I'll be watching for
Myron Lewis-FS
Myron Rolle-SS
Robert Johnson-FS
Thomas Austin-OG
Sergio Render-OG
Eric Olsen-C
Matt Tennant-C
Trevard Lindley-CB
Alterran Verner-CB
Syd Quan Thompson-CB
Ben Tate-RB
LeGarrette Blount-RB
I had Austin on my board for months before latest mock choosing JD Walton a Baylor center. Did you know that prior to last season Mel Kiper had Austin rated as best senior playing center? He can play tackle also which should help his value. I don't know Verner. What can you tell me about him?

Blount sure looked good last game I watched him.
Old 02-24-2010   #5
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I usually trust Kipers opinion regarding player evaluations, he puts alot of time and effort into the evaluation process, and I had heard his opinion regarding Thomas Austin. It surprises me though that Austin is rated so low amoungst OG. I don't know alot about Verner other than what I've read of others opinions and most have said that he's a sleeper in the late rounds. I've read that he doesn't have elite speed but that he takes great angles, reads the QB well, and reads/anticipates the route well.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010   #6
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I usually trust Kipers opinion regarding player evaluations, he puts alot of time and effort into the evaluation process, and I had heard his opinion regarding Thomas Austin. It surprises me though that Austin is rated so low amongst OG. I don't know a lot about Verner other than what I've read of others opinions and most have said that he's a sleeper in the late rounds. I've read that he doesn't have elite speed but that he takes great angles, reads the QB well, and reads/anticipates the route well.
Well watch the drills Saturday morning. The forty and the drills will sort all of them out. My knee jerk on Austin is that he is slow of foot. He gets near 5.2, and ranks in the top five in the cone drills he can play guard for us.
Old 02-26-2010   #7
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Our three picks in these two rounds should add high quality depth if not eventual starters. WHo will you be focusing on in the combine?

DT Linvale Joseph: I want to see if BeerLover guided me right.
OG/OT Marshall Newhouse: I'd like to see him and Joseph banging on each other in Texans practice. Two big old strong boys!
If they are going any other way except Iupati at the twenty, I hope that Newhouse is there in the third and we have the good sense not to let the guard spot fester. The fact that Newhouse could probably cover ROT is a plus. But if he's out there at right tackle, it would mean we have two tackles down.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read