Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-03-2005   #1
TexFan58
Rookie

Default OK PAYNE IN & GREENWOOD IN...Whats next?

Defense looks good, whats next?
TexFan58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #2
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would assume it would be the O line, but I mean hey, I never imagined we would be spending this kind of money the second day of free agency on a LB so what do I know...honestly it does make me think we will address our O line and depth in this years draft and we should be in pretty good shape if we do IMO...
Old 03-03-2005   #3
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably nothing.. but I wouldnt be surprised if we signed a TE.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #4
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexFan58
whats next?
With the money spent on Payne and Greenwood...4th stringers and the draft! WHOOOOOOHOOOO!
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #5
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With the money spent on Payne and Greenwood...4th stringers and the draft! WHOOOOOOHOOOO!
I wouldn't worry about the money, we were in OK shape as far as the cap goes before signing Greenwood and Payne and I also have a feeling one of our defensive starters will be released soon and that would free up more space...also, after this signing it wouldn't surprise me if we traded down in the draft but that's just my opinion...
Old 03-03-2005   #6
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Kevin Johnson, or Gary Baxter?
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #7
TexFan58
Rookie

My opinion is the Offensive line, leave that to the draft, need an impact TE and #2 WR
DONE......
TexFan58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-03-2005   #8
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
Signing: Ione, Deloach, Spears and Wright

IMHO we need these 4 too have 0 drop in talent in our back up core....

NOW! We need to use our picks from #2-#7 to infuse some new blood in our lines..

scratch NT = bye bye Demarcus spears
scratch ILB = no Ware or DJ
scratch WR = uhhh we have andre
scratch Rolle and PacMan = errr they wont last till #13 and you cant retire glenn that early

thus #13 is

Thomas Davis
Scratch Thomas Davis we have Earl and Coleman. Why wouldn't we draft a WR AJ can't do it all by himself
Old 03-03-2005   #9
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Scratch Thomas Davis we have Earl and Coleman. Why wouldn't we draft a WR AJ can't do it all by himself
Because you would have 2 WR's, one that was a #1 pick, and the 2nd a #13 pick, and a QB who has no time to throw to either of them...
Old 03-03-2005   #10
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Because you would have 2 WR's, one that was a #1 pick, and the 2nd a #13 pick, and a QB who has no time to throw to either of them...
I have a feeling we'll see Williamson in a Texans uni, even though what we need is an O-Lineman.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a no brainer take the BPA . If your going to add depth it might as well young and talented .

If I hear Thomas Davis again I'm going burn my sons Georgia shirt .
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #12
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
That still dosen't exclude the fact that we need someone opposite of Andre to take some pressure off of him.

Do yall think there is a TE out there worthy of the number 13 pick?
Old 03-03-2005   #13
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJ

I don't think we can afford to use #13 on a TE... you go for the OL or a WR, however I think that the WR is what will be chosen... Williamson is the likely pick, but it would sure be nice to build the OL. Either that or we need to surgically attach legs on Carr's back so he can run easier after getting knocked down.

Someone earlier posted about Plaxico contacting Houston. Please don't let that cancer in the door.
kcwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #14
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJ
I dont think so. But that is my opinion.

I think we could get someone like Kevin Everett with a 3rd round pick.
Old 03-03-2005   #15
AlexVanderpool
Veteran

Quote:
...and a QB who has no time to throw to either of them...
and an undersized OLB/ oversized, slow SS is going to help this how????
AlexVanderpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #16
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about....
Old 03-03-2005   #17
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexVanderpool
Texan279 wasnt the guy who said to pick Thomas Davis. So I wouldnt expect Texan279 to answer your question.

I would take Barron.
Old 03-03-2005   #18
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
Signing: Ione, Deloach, Spears and Wright

IMHO we need these 4 too have 0 drop in talent in our back up core....

NOW! We need to use our picks from #2-#7 to infuse some new blood in our lines..

scratch NT = bye bye Demarcus spears
scratch ILB = no Ware or DJ
scratch WR = uhhh we have andre
scratch Rolle and PacMan = errr they wont last till #13 and you cant retire glenn that early

thus #13 is

Thomas Davis

Barron?? Trade down???
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005   #19
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

My plan from here:

We sign Kevin Johson, Draft DL in 1st, OL in 2nd, and CB in 3rd.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read