Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-02-2010   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default LZ's 1st Mock of 2010

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootba...t_of_2010.html

He's got us taking Earl Thomas at #20.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010   #2
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LZ's 1st Mock of 2010

Not bad. I'd be ok with that.
Old 02-02-2010   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

That's a long time before the first RB is taken. I have to imagine Spiller goes higher than 23.
Old 02-02-2010   #4
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
That's a long time before the first RB is taken. I have to imagine Spiller goes higher than 23.
I guess I just dont understand the Spiller fascination. Is Spiller any better than a Stephen Jackson @ 24? (First RB taken in 2004) or Chris Johnson @24 in 2008?

I dont think Spiller should go before 20. Do I think someone will take him higher than 20? Yes.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010   #5
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I guess I just dont understand the Spiller fascination. Is Spiller any better than a Stephen Jackson @ 24? (First RB taken in 2004) or Chris Johnson @24 in 2008?

I dont think Spiller should go before 20. Do I think someone will take him higher than 20? Yes.
You just answered your own post. You don't understand the fascination but you think somebody will take him higher than 20. I didn't say Spiller was all world, just that it's a surprise that he slips that far.

Also CJ was the 4th or 5th RB taken his year, and the Titans were razzed for it a little because they had drafted Lenwhale and Henry the years before.
Old 02-02-2010   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Lowest I have seen Berry going on a respectable mock. I have THomas as the pick if there at #20 but most think he will be gone. I have this little nudge to my brain going on that Dunta will be back. It is possible that Thomas will beat out Eugene Wilson and our D will be better and deeper. I'm looking forward to more of the playbook being put into effect as the D will have a year behind them & will know Pollard and Cushing are the real deal.
Old 02-04-2010   #7
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Yes but I noticed a lot of mockers have us taking the first or second ranked one. I have no problems with Thomas as a prospect with the twenty. But I'm always going to come back to the guard. There's no way Iupati makes it to the 53. Unless you're taking about making a move with Detroit or someone for their second, he's not going to make it to 53 . Making a move with Detroit would probably cost us our two next year & something this year above the swap.

I see. Iupati 16 to San Fransisco...makes sense. LB to Miami....that's my first clue as to whether or not a mock is worth it's salt. You all saw it. Crowder goes out, our o-line starts to roll. I wouldn't be surprised if they, Miami take two linebackers high, i.e. two with the first four picks.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read