Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-11-2010   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Beerlover 2010 Pre-Senior Bowl Mock Draft

#1 St. Louis - Ndamukong Suh, DT Nebraska

#2 Detroit - u-Gerald McCoy, DT Oklahoma

#3 Tampa Bay - u-Eric Berry, DB Tennessee

#4 Washington - u-Sam Bradford, QB Oklahoma

#5 Kansas City - u-Anthony Davis, OT Rutgers

#6 Seattle - u-Jimmy Clausen, QB Notre Dame

#7 Cleveland - u-Joe Haden, CB Florida

#8 Oakland - u-Derrick Morgan, DE/OLB Gerogia Tech

#9 Buffalo - Russell Okung, OT Oklahoma State

#10 Jacksonville - u-Rolando McClain, LB Alabama

#11 Denver (from Chicago) - u-Dez Bryant, WR Oklahoma State

#12 Miami - u-Golden Tate, WR Notre Dame

#13 San Francisco - u-Earl Thomas, DB Texas

#14 Seattle - Charles Brown, OT USC

#15 New York Giants - Brandon Spikes, LB Florida

#16 San Franciso - Trent Williams, OT Oklahoma

#17 Tennessee - Dan Williams, DT Tennessee

#18 Pittsburgh - u-Bryan Bulaga, OT Iowa

#19 Atlanta - u-Carlos Dunlap, DE Florida

#20 Houston - C.J.Spiller, RB Clemson

#21 Cincinnati - Taylor Mays, DB USC

#22 New England - u-Bruce Campbell, OT Maryland

#23 Green Bay - Mike Iupati, OG Utah

#24 Philadelphia - u-Everson Griffith, RDE USC

#25 Baltimore - Jermaine Gresham, TE Oklahoma

#26 Arizona - Javier Arenas, DB/KR Alabama

#27 New York Jets - u-Damian Wiliams, WR USC

#28 Dallas - Terrence Cody, NT Alabama

#29 Minnesota - u-Donovan Warren, CB Michigan

#30 San Diego - u-Ryan Mathews, RB Fresno State

#31 New Orleans - Corey Wootton, DE Northwestern

#32 Indianapolis - u-Brian Price, DT UCLA

* u- denotes underclassman
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86073 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlover 2010 Pre-Senior Bowl Mock Draft

Looks like you are thinking Slaton may not heal 100%? I am ok with this pick but you better pick up a power back later. Joiqe Bell?
Old 01-11-2010   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Looks like you are thinking Slaton may not heal 100%? I am ok with this pick but you better pick up a power back later. Joiqe Bell?
there are three quality RB's @ the top, well maybe four if you consider Jonathan Dwyer? they are Ryan Mathews, Fresno State 5-11 220, Toby Gerhart, 6-1 235 & CJ Spiller 5-11 195. In my ratings Spiller is the clear #1 RB in this class, hence should be the 1st RB off the board.

studying Ryan who was my personel favorite I discoverd his teammate Senior Lonyae Miller, 5-11 215, very impressed with him & did not get the exposure because Ryan got the majority of reps. The Texans have two 6th rd. picks so I would use one of those on him thus giving you a RB by committee of Spiller, Slaton, Foster, Moats, Miller.

Quote:
“The ovation that C.J. Spiller received was very special. I can’t remember going to a graduation anywhere and seeing the Board of Trustees recognize a student-athlete like that. It certainly shows the level of respect C.J. has on this campus. It is well deserved.”
Spiller has already graduated (Dec. 17th) seems as solid off the field as on. A characteristic not lost with the Texans organization principles.

Last edited by beerlover; 01-11-2010 at 12:09 PM. Reason: added info
Old 01-11-2010   #4
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 843 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

CJ Spiller FTW!

Helps the RB situation and gives us a KR/PR with explosive play ability.

Like the pick.
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86073 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
there are three quality RB's @ the top, well maybe four if you consider Jonathan Dwyer? they are Ryan Mathews, Fresno State 5-11 220, Toby Gerhart, 6-1 235 & CJ Spiller 5-11 195. In my ratings Spiller is the clear #1 RB in this class, hence should be the 1st RB off the board.

studying Ryan who was my personel favorite I discoverd his teammate Senior Lonyae Miller, 5-11 215, very impressed with him & did not get the exposure because Ryan got the majority of reps. The Texans have two 6th rd. picks so I would use one of those on him thus giving you a RB by committee of Spiller, Slaton, Foster, Moats, Miller.

Spiller has already graduated (Dec. 17th) seems as solid off the field as on. A characteristic not lost with the Texans organization principles.
I don't think 215 qualifies for power back imo. Maybe if he can add 10 lbs or so of muscle? One of those 5 has to go to PS and unless Miller explodes on the scene...

A bigger line should help in red zone but I want a big boy ploughing in.
Old 01-11-2010   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 222056 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
I don't think 215 qualifies for power back imo.
Emmitt Smith, Walter Peyton, LT, Priest Holmes and Terrell Davis disagree. Unless the definition of power back is a circular one of big back then lots of the best short yardage and interior runners have been under 215 lbs.
Old 01-11-2010   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Emmitt Smith, Walter Peyton, LT, Priest Holmes and Terrell Davis disagree.
I thought Ray Rice looked good .
Old 01-11-2010   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Emmitt Smith, Walter Peyton, LT, Priest Holmes and Terrell Davis disagree. Unless the definition of power back is a circular one of big back then lots of the best short yardage and interior runners have been under 215 lbs.
I think the backs you named had better Olines but I could be wrong. There are always exceptions but I say go with a bigger back in our situation. Of course I was wrong on having to have a huge DT to shut down the run.
Old 01-11-2010   #9
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Quote:
Exactly. We saw what 10 lbs of muscle did to Slaton. It totally changed his game. If it is not broke, don't fix it.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
I don't think 215 qualifies for power back imo. Maybe if he can add 10 lbs or so of muscle? One of those 5 has to go to PS and unless Miller explodes on the scene...

A bigger line should help in red zone but I want a big boy ploughing in.
ZBS power back is someone w/quick, explosive first step who he can hit holes before a defense can react.
Old 01-11-2010   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
ZBS power back is someone w/quick, explosive first step who he can hit holes before a defense can react.
Well Slaton and Moats are all we need then.
Old 01-11-2010   #12
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1002 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

#20 Houston - C.J.Spiller, RB Clemson

I'm still not fond of this pick, for some reason I don't get excited about this guy when he fits the Slaton mold

#28 Dallas - Terrence Cody, NT Alabama

Interesting that Mt Cody falls here especially when they have a beast in Ratliff who is still young...I cringe at that thought of Myers going up against either
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read