Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-17-2005   #1
M@DD Mike
Rookie

Default Coaching Staff

Is this the staff to take the team to the postseason? I don't think so. Hat's off to building a great young team but I don't believe this is a winning staff. How many times last season did you scream at the tv "what are you doing..."
The play calling left much to be desired in a few games that could have easily went in our favor.
M@DD Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005   #2
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

well i gurantee if they had ran the plays differently the way you think they should have done,. and they still didnt work you would have been screaming "what are you doing". I think Capers can take us all the way to where we want to be !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005   #3
M@DD Mike
Rookie

I don't want to see draw plays on third and long when we're down late in the game. If the players mess the play up that's one thing but give them shot to make the play. Some games it seems the play calling favors Carr's abilities most other times he isn't put in the position to win. More aggressive offense is the only way to win when the defense needs help.
M@DD Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005   #4
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Why dont you actually give them a chance after building the "good young" team as you say.... with 3 full years under thier belt.

Remember.... we are not even into the 4th year of the 5 year plan yet.

PATIENCE!!!!!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005   #5
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

yeah we dont have all the pieces in place yet to turn the offense loose like the colts do, next season i'm sure you'll see more of the kinda offense you like !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005   #6
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@DD Mike
Is this the staff to take the team to the postseason? I don't think so. Hat's off to building a great young team but I don't believe this is a winning staff. How many times last season did you scream at the tv "what are you doing..."
The play calling left much to be desired in a few games that could have easily went in our favor.
The staff is good enough IMO. The better question is are the players? If you have guys who lose their matchups, a certain play is going to look bad. Everyone one gets tired of the "execute" excuse, but that's what it comes down to.
Old 02-17-2005   #7
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome to the board Mike. A couple of things you will quickly learn are that David Carr is a HOF QB and the coaching staff is equal to that of New England. Enjoy!
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-17-2005   #8
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Welcome to the board Mike. A couple of things you will quickly learn are that David Carr is a HOF QB and the coaching staff is equal to that of New England. Enjoy!
and that wonger food is a bitter bitter man because his ideas are blasted on the board
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005   #9
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone get tired of hearing me say, "There was a reason these coaches didn't have jobs when we started our team!"
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005   #10
red bull
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
Does anyone get tired of hearing me say, "There was a reason these coaches didn't have jobs when we started our team!"
That's the first time I've heard it and I'm tired of it. First of all, some of the coaches were hired away from other jobs (i.e. Capers was DC in Jacksonville). Second, every coach that spends a good chunk of time in the NFL is going to get fired at some point. Show me an NFL team that doesn't have a bunch of coaches who have been fired at some point. You can cross the Patriots off the list first, since their head coach was jobless not so long ago.
red bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005   #11
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

And let's not forget Capers took the Panthers to the NFC Championship in 1996...
Old 02-17-2005   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride

Yes!!!

Signed Bill Belichick

PS--trivia question, how many of the 32 head coaches are on their first head coaching job--ok simpler over or under on 16.5?
Old 02-17-2005   #13
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Yes!!!

Signed Bill Belichick

Bill, how's it going?

P.S. I think you are an amazing coach
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read