Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2009   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread

The game isn't over yet, but I've seen enough. And I don't want to EVER hear the words "It's only preseason" ever again.

I'm usually against these FIRE "you know who" threads, but when you let a rookie coach and rookie QB come into our house and embarrass us like this . . . yeah, someone deserves to go out the door.

This is disgusting how they never fail to disappoint.

And Herv, my apologies for calling you a "knee-jerk". You had a right to be depressed, because that's how I feel.
Old 09-13-2009   #2
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Gary Kubiak.....a rich tradition of getting outcoached since 2006.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Old 09-13-2009   #3
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll start working on soap.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
Old 09-13-2009   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
I'll start working on soap.
How about a soap sig? That would be epic.
Old 09-13-2009   #5
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

how do you get through life being this stupid? How did you even manage to navigate to this website?

I just dont see how it is feasible for someone of such low intellect to find us here... finding the Texans website I can understand..if you bang your face against the keyboard long enough I imagine there is a slim chance you might find the homepage.. but Texanstalk? and into the forum no less? color me baffled.

YOu had to have had help getting here...which means that someone who ISNT dumb enough to want to fire our coach in week one helped you to find this website...and whoever it is that did that, I just want to say shame on you. Im all for equal rights and the proper treatment of the intellectually challenged...but this is a place to have fun..all this arm flailing and running around in circles screaming is an unnecessary distraction.
Old 09-13-2009   #6
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
how do you get through life being this stupid? How did you even manage to navigate to this website?

I just dont see how it is feasible for someone of such low intellect to find us here... finding the Texans website I can understand..if you bang your face against the keyboard long enough I imagine there is a slim chance you might find the homepage.. but Texanstalk? and into the forum no less? color me baffled.

YOu had to have had help getting here...which means that someone who ISNT dumb enough to want to fire our coach in week one helped you to find this website...and whoever it is that did that, I just want to say shame on you. Im all for equal rights and the proper treatment of the intellectually challenged...but this is a place to have fun..all this arm flailing and running around in circles screaming is an unnecessary distraction.
Its not one week...its a pattern Grid.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
Old 09-13-2009   #7
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Go blow it out of your ass, Grid.
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2009   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:

Ban, IMO.
Old 09-13-2009   #9
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 3496 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Go to hell Grid. You must have been the loser calling in to the post game show saying Kubiak was a good guy. LAME!!!
Old 10-21-2013   #10
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118122 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Gary Kubiak.....a rich tradition of getting outcoached since 2006.
I just thought I'd quote this. It was posted in 2009.

Old 10-21-2013   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 299017 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems like old times. Back in the ole Fire Kubiak thread again. I feel right at home in here.

FIRE KUBIAK!!!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 10-21-2013   #12
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Just listening to 610. All Texans drive in 4th quarter start with RUN.
Gary give them a chance. Against KC you have to pass on 1st down in 4th.
Reminds me when he use to run Chris Brown up the middle in 2009 I believe.
Yesterday your run game was no better.
First and goal at 1 RUN RUN PASS.
Gary in not going to change.
5 games in a row losing with this team is a joke.
McNair don't fall for injury defense or CK find. GK is a great human being but as HC you have to do better. He will get a job as OC somewhere plus you still owe him money.
Never adjusts to adjustments. Always seems to get outcoached.

Please help me when has GK outcoached the other coach?????
Old 10-21-2013   #13
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31941 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt Kubiak gets fired but here are some things that I had issues with that fall onto coaching:

- Derek Newton still plays. That is simple and plain. This guy has been horrendous.

- Time management in the first half. That was just a poor job on Kubiak's part.

- Playcalling toward the end. No backs simply is not going to work against the blitz which they were dialing up more in the second half. If you do it then have a quick hot read involving someone who has the ability to gain separation on the first few steps. Unfortunately, not even sure that person is on our roster.

- Utilization of tight end. I saw some routes where Graham would go on a route and sit. No extension of the route or anything. The defensive back was essentially all over him so that basically took Graham out of the play and made him useless. This may fall on Graham but considering it happened a handful of times it may have been part by design which is sad.

With that said we still had a chance to win the game. Though Kubiak said he would not handcuff Keenum I think it was obvious in pockets during the game that he was. The end of the first half was an example. Coaches rarely call the perfect game but things like time management and leaving a first time starter too often with no additonal blocking is a bit much. Well that and playing Newton so much. I am just going to assume Harris was hurt or something for that to continue.
Old 10-21-2013   #14
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 13881 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary is going to stay. Bob has his back......
Old 10-21-2013   #15
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 176918 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
- Time management in the first half. That was just a poor job on Kubiak's part.
Time management wasn't bad. Kubiak wanted to RUN OUT THE CLOCK, as he always does at the end of halves because he doesn't want to take any chances. The Texans offense screwed up his plan of getting off the field and into the locker room by actually gaining some yards and putting them in the position to maybe get a FG.

So, the Texans were performing well DESPITE Kubiak. Only when they got within some sort of striking distance did he realize that Keenum could make something happen and started to use his two time outs.

Typical horrible gutless Kubiak playcalling. He plays to not lose the game, doesn't get aggressive or assertive in any way, and we wonder why we feel this team has reached its peak under him. He has NO balls. ZERO testicles. My two neutered male dogs, who both squat like girls to pee, have more balls than Kubiak.

He's outmatched in today's NFL. This ain't the 80's anymore. Him and Wade look completely clueless.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Old 10-21-2013   #16
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
I just thought I'd quote this. It was posted in 2009.

Yeah I remember that day like it was yesterday. That was after we got embarrassed by the Jets and made Mark Sanchez a crossover pop culture star.

I was so upset over that loss, I wasn't able to go to sleep that night. There's probably evidence of it in this thread. I'm sure it makes for an entertaining read.

I've reevaluated my life since then. I try to keep my fanhood in perspective nowadays considering that I have less than zero control over the way this team does things.
Old 10-21-2013   #17
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Yeah I remember that day like it was yesterday. That was after we got embarrassed by the Jets and made Mark Sanchez a crossover pop culture star.

I was so upset over that loss, I wasn't able to go to sleep that night. There's probably evidence of it in this thread. I'm sure it makes for an entertaining read.

I've reevaluated my life since then. I try to keep my fanhood in perspective nowadays considering that I have less than zero control over the way this team does things.
True BoB is going to do what BoB's going to do.

But enough is enough. If this season continues on its current course and I'm not talking strictly about W/L's then as a decade long season ticket holder I'm done if no major changes are made.

I bet I will not be the only one.
Old 10-21-2013   #18
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
True BoB is going to do what BoB's going to do.

But enough is enough. If this season continues on its current course and I'm not talking strictly about W/L's then as a decade long season ticket holder I'm done if no major changes are made.

I bet I will not be the only one.
Wow, I was JUST telling a co-worker about 10 minutes ago that, at some point, Bob McNair will have to answer to season ticket holders. Letting a coach flail for 8 years - while other teams re-boot in two, three and four years - is unacceptable.

Something has got to give with this team.
Old 09-13-2009   #19
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 40940 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

I did a practical shooting match this morning blowing through 100 rounds of .45acp, but now I have a hankerin to go back to the gun range. It would be so much easier if I could just care for the Steelers like everyone else up here.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
Old 09-13-2009   #20
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

for what it's worth my Mom just called me from reliant and said that in the 4th, McNair and company went to the field and walked Kubiak off the field. I don't think there is anything to this obviously, but my mom called (unusual) to tell me she thinks Kubiaks gone today. I don't think so but veryone in her section apparently thinks so.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read