Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-05-2009   #1
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Speakers

I just made a comment in another thread regarding speakers this year for the tailgate parties... Just read the book that came with the tickets about the rules of tailgating and it says that no speakers can be bigger than 18"x12" and no louder than 68 decibles...

I just want to let you know, as alot of folks do not read that booklet. 68 decibles is the same as a generator, so anything louder than that that could be heard from another group of tailgaters, you could be subject to be told to turn it down.

Being informed now will curb any problems when the gates open up in a few weeks. I for one am glad this came about, as I am really tired of listening to others blast thier music over what we are trying to hear, plus that means no more DJ's, thank God for that !!

Anyways, now you know...
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #2
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 70160 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Speakers

Glad it's being addressed. We'll see how that translate at the tailgate though. We don't often have problems where we are, usually the first couple of rows on the grass, but every once in a while.

I've never cared if you played your music but I don't get pointing the speakers away from you and out towards everyone else, essentially forcing them to have to listen to it. And even then I don't have a big problem with it until you have to play it so damn loud you have to scream at someone just to talk to them.

I've said it before and I'll keep on saying it....it's a tailgate not a night club.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #3
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 12626 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally I like the new rule. I've walked past folks on my way in that had music blaring so loud it literally made my ears hurt. I'm all about partying and having a good time while tailgating but that just isn't called for.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #4
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh man, last year we tailgated perfectly triangulated between 3 dueling DJs with had those large speakers on stands. It was absolutely terrible. They were all 3 so fricking loud that all the music ran together and we got to enjoy the melting pot of loud nothingness for 4 hours. Brutal. I actually walked down at one point and asked one of the dudes to turn his massive speaker TOWARD HIS OWN actual tailgate and not out towards ours which was 40 yards away. They wanted nothing of it. Bastards.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #5
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

If my music is too loud, please tell me and I will happily adjust it.

If I have to many people partaking in the regular sermon...and you don't like it...too bad!
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #6
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post

If I have to many people partaking in the regular sermon...and you don't like it...too bad!
You can crank it up as loud as you want and point it towards my tailgate all you want. It won't bother me none. Lol.

68 dbs? Really? I realize I'm Deaf but 68 dbs seems like a really low number. I'd assume something hovering over 100 dbs could warrant a rule but 68?
Old 08-06-2009   #7
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Seriously though...I don't like the really loud speakers either. When all I hear is anothers party music over mine, and their tailgate happens to be 150 yards away from mine, its excessive.

If we are playing our music too loud, I really will be happy to turn it down. Just ask me. Over the years, I have asked people around us if it was too loud and they always said it was fine.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-06-2009   #8
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
You can crank it up as loud as you want and point it towards my tailgate all you want. It won't bother me none. Lol.

68 dbs? Really? I realize I'm Deaf but 68 dbs seems like a really low number. I'd assume something hovering over 100 dbs could warrant a rule but 68?
How will they measure it? They need a DBS meter INSIDE the stadium on the screen instead of that lame graphic they show. I want to measure the noise inside, not out!
Old 08-06-2009   #9
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 926 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogkimmy View Post
How will they measure it? They need a DBS meter INSIDE the stadium on the screen instead of that lame graphic they show. I want to measure the noise inside, not out!
That was my first thought! How to measure the decibles? Although we would never be in that situation, There are a few tailgaters in our first fews rows of the yellow lot, that have teeny speakers with a huge range!!!!
Fortunately they are for the most part courteous to their neighbors!

Let just be courteous people!
Old 08-06-2009   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
I just made a comment in another thread regarding speakers this year for the tailgate parties... Just read the book that came with the tickets about the rules of tailgating and it says that no speakers can be bigger than 18"x12" and no louder than 68 decibles...

I just want to let you know, as alot of folks do not read that booklet. 68 decibles is the same as a generator, so anything louder than that that could be heard from another group of tailgaters, you could be subject to be told to turn it down.

Being informed now will curb any problems when the gates open up in a few weeks. I for one am glad this came about, as I am really tired of listening to others blast thier music over what we are trying to hear, plus that means no more DJ's, thank God for that !!

Anyways, now you know...
You're just being a grumpy old man. The kids just want to have fun!

j/k!

I do agree that the volume has gotten carried away. But, I am having a hard time believing that the Texans will ever enforce this rule. The yellow shirts don't care and the cops are just there to keep the peace. Good luck with all that.
Old 08-06-2009   #11
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 70160 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflnutswife View Post
That was my first thought! How to measure the decibles? Although we would never be in that situation, There are a few tailgaters in our first fews rows of the yellow lot, that have teeny speakers with a huge range!!!!
Fortunately they are for the most part courteous to their neighbors!

Let just be courteous people!
You didn't get a fancy decible measurer with your apron??

Quote:
Never had a problem with youse guys.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read