Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-02-2005   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Post NFLdraftCountdown.com 2/2/05 mock draft.

1. Marcus Spears DE LSU

*Right now the best value on the board is along the defensive line and Spears would be an excellent fit for them.
2. Ernest Shazor S Michigan

*A big, athletic playmaker and possibly the last piece to the Texans secondary puzzle.

It has us passing on:
1st round:
Antrel Rolle, CB, Miami (FL)
Derrick Johnson, OLB, Texas
Jammal Brown, OT, Oklahoma
2nd round:
Elton Brown, OG, Virginia

**Note: Mike Nugent in the 2nd to the Falcons at #59

Link
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #2
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah, I have liked Spears a ton, but I don't know if I would pas D. Johnson for him.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

BTW, those comments are from the website. My personal opinion on both of those picks arent good.

I like DJ, Rolle, and Brown over Spears in the 1st. And I like Brown over Shazor in the 2nd. I would like to give Earl another year. JMO
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #4
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

The Countdown has the Chargers taking Brodney Poole with the 22nd pick in the 1st, while Ourlads has him being taken by the Texans in the 3rd.

Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #5
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

I wouldn't mind the Spears pick since his stock has risen alot due to his preformance at the senior bowl. Shazor would be a good pick if Earl didn't play so well, but most people look at his stats and see a need for an upgrade. And for the Chargers pick, can you name one of their safeties without looking at their roster?
F-minus67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #6
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
And for the Chargers pick, can you name one of their safeties without looking at their roster?
No. But my point is the rediculously wide degree of value of players by the different mocks.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #7
tiger06
Veteran

Quote:
And for the Chargers pick, can you name one of their safeties without looking at their roster?
Terrence Kiel, went to A&M
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-02-2005   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Terrence Kiel is the SS, Jerry Wilson (Texan Killer) is the FS. I've heard the Chargers are looking to replace Wilson.
Old 02-02-2005   #9
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

works for me, I kinda hope Baas falls to us in the second but if not Id be happy with that pick
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read