Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-02-2005   #1
Mistril48
All Pro

Default DE Chris Canty

"Speaking of guys who could ill afford things. Details are still somewhat sketchy, but it seems as though Virginia DE Chris Canty, who already had his draft stock severely hurt by the season ending ACL tear that he suffered at the beginning of his senior season, has gotten into a bar fight and injured his eye. Profootballtalk has reported that Canty might have lost his vision permanently and that the fight occurred in his agent’s bar! The implications for this situation are enormous if early reports on this subject are true, and really make me wonder what Canty was doing, and where his agents and their security staff were. NFL coaches have a saying, "Don't go where you are not known, or not wanted." While this venture must have seen innocuous to Canty, especially with the familiarity of his agents owning the place, players and prospects know that they are targets by some ill-begotten drunks, and the better thing to do is just stay away from these situations, and if you can't stay away from them, make sure you have somebody there to take care of it for them."

http://www.profootballdraft.com/prez.html
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #2
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

A blind defensive lineman??? He couldnt do much worse the G-Funk did last year...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #3
Mistril48
All Pro

I can't believe this story ... it's too bizarre. But it is posted. Hopefully, it's untrue.
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
A blind defensive lineman??? He couldnt do much worse the G-Funk did last year...
Whoa Fiddy, that's pretty mean and hurtful, but maybe not too far from the truth. Probably wishful thinking on my part, but maybe Walkers still got a 2002
season buried deep inside someplace. Just out of graditude for that wad of cash they gave him last year, he oughta give us one more good year.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #5
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

That's a bizarre story. I really hope he hasn't lost his vision permanently not so much for his NFL future, but for his life in general. It would be a shame for him to lose his vision as a result of one dumb mistake in a bar.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #6
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

A few thoughts. 1) nobody is reporting this, not ESPN, not CBS, not teh AP nobody; 2)Let's consider the source/sources (esp ProFootballTalk) and finally 3) This story is just to bizarre, why would an agent who stands to make a fair of coin allow one of his prize players get in this situation, espically in his own bar. And how many agent actually have their own bar?

I'm calling BS till I see some more proof.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #7
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Well, let me be the first to thank Vinny for wasting our second round pick!!!
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-02-2005   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63
I had to pick a guy with an injury concern or my Casserly emulation was worthless. Now that he is blind I may make him the top selection next time. Depends on his bean bag test.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #9
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

I knew there was some sort of genious thinking behind that decision.
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

if ture this is very sad news indeed, I sincerely hope he regains his sight & is able to pursue his dreams.

in regards to him being Vinnys pick in our Mock Draft, however surprising (not listed in my top 100) he did appear to fulfill the need of a 3-4 DT in the Texans scheme of things which seems to be his strategy instead of BPA approach. Since I never saw him play I'll trust Vinny's opinion he was undervalued & was the best possible fit still on the board at that position. Now just hopes he gets a opportunity, I wish him luck.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #11
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Florio backed off a bit on the Canty story. Apparently, Canty will be able to see again. How well he scores on the beanbag test is still in doubt.
Quote:
We've gotten more information regarding the recent bar fight involving Virginia defensive lineman Chris Canty. As it turns out, Canty likely will not suffer permanent vision loss in the eye that was injured when he took a bottle to the grill on Saturday night at a Scottsdale, Arizona night club.

Per a league source, Canty is one of three people who were cold-cocked with bottles on Saturday night. One of the witnesses has said, we're told, that Canty was the last one hit, and that he possibly got caught in the cross-fire that resulted once the bottles started to fly.

The authorities are currently sorting out the incident, and they're looking for a six-foot, three-inch, 330-pound Caucasian male who might have had something to do with instigating the brawl.

Canty spent the night in an area hospital, and he was released on Sunday. His eye is still bandaged, and doctors will be monitoring his progress.
Old 02-02-2005   #12
fresno8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63
Yeah vinny good pick, just kidding I liked that pick. Hopefully this guy can recover and get back on track. Maybe this will let us pick him up later in the draft if the story is true. Lets see if the story is true first. I think this guy could be a real good d-lineman for us if everything works out.
Old 02-02-2005   #13
texansfan88
All Pro

Most of you know this but those who don't:

Profootball rumor mill is a complete joke (where it is posted)...I wouldn't believe it at all
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #14
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't read about this anywhere else.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #15
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

This guy has some bad luck. First he torn his ACL in the beginning of this season and now this. Before he got hurt he was a top ten DE, since he could rush the passer in a 3-4 as well as stop the run.
F-minus67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005   #16
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
Most of you know this but those who don't:

Profootball rumor mill is a complete joke (where it is posted)...I wouldn't believe it at all
on another board that i post on...several people are claiming that the Chris canty in this fight is from Kansas State and was drafted in the mid 90s
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

He still gets the bean bag-hacky sack test from my imaginary scouts.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read