Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-31-2005   #1
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63
Default Texans send 12 to NFL Europe

HOUSTON - The Houston Texans announced today that they have allocated the following players to NFL Europe for 2005:

LB Anthony Dunn
G Brandon Evans
T Casey Knutson
RB Adam Matthews
LB David Moretti
WR Nick Narcisse
QB Dave Ragone
LB Antonio Rodriguez
P Cody Scates
K Chris Snyder
WR Allen Suber
SS Eli Ward

NFL Europe training camp begins on March 2 in Tampa, Fla. Opening weekend in Europe begins on April 2.
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #2
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Good to see Ragone going over to Europe, I think he could use the PT, especially if he supposed to be our back-up QB...Most of the rest of the players are going to struggle to make the team...
Old 01-31-2005   #3
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

im guessing they want to try to develop starling with the team rather than him getting experience in europe? i hope he can step up and contribute next season.

good to see ragone getting some playing time. i think he will be a good backup
Old 01-31-2005   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Sloan Thomas and Charlie Anderson.. wonder why they didnt get sent.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #5
Crazygomer
Rookie

I never really liked Dave Ragone! I liked Tony Banks but I heard that he wants to leave for a starting role somewhere else I think we need to get a strong back up and maybe trade Dave Ragone for someone between the ages of 26-28 or so. Someone who can sign a contract for 4 years and be a strong back up quarterback for David! We already have one young quarterback why would we want someone else going in there with less experiance? Well those are my thoughts anyway!
Crazygomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #6
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

With the departure of Tony Banks we would likely have 3 young QBs. Carr, Ragone, and Symmons. I don't think there's much need in trading Ragone because I'm not sure he has much value right now. Chances are we'll sign a veteran QB in free agency, and he'll get a chance at some snaps in training camp and the preseason. There are lots of viable veteran QBs out there looking for work, and I'm not sure we'd really need to make a trade to get one.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read