Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2005   #1
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 926 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Friday Night Lights!

Anyone rent this movie? Great true story about the state championship game against west Texas, & East Texas (Dallas) and (Odessa) 1988. Tim Macgraw plays an abusive alcoholic father. Other than The Replacements, I'm rankin this one the top 10 football movies!

Settles the off season withdrawls LOL
Old 01-31-2005   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflnutswife
Anyone rent this movie? Great true story about the state championship game against west Texas, & East Texas (Dallas) and (Odessa) 1988. Tim Macgraw plays an abusive alcoholic father. Other than The Replacements, I'm rankin this one the top 10 football movies!

Settles the off season withdrawls LOL
Yes, I rented it, and I thought it was a good flick. But, on the advice of a friend, I bought the book. I'm only a quarter of the way through it, and I can tell you it's already 10 times better. If you're interested in a good read, get this book.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #3
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

I lived it. I was in Midland in 1988...went to the Midland-Permian game.

Alot is changed in the movie from real life (school names, who they played in the playoffs, the fact that the final game was not really the state championship)
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #4
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Good movie. To much like a documentary, with the interviews and such. IMO
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #5
Panther5407
All Pro

Pretty good just I still think Remember the Titans blows it away.
Old 01-31-2005   #6
Oilers/Texans
Veteran

I liked it, but I did not think it was a great movie. The best part was the game in the Astrodome. They were on the Houston Oilers turf, seeing that was the best part of the movie.
Oilers/Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005   #7
chicagotexan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther5407
Pretty good just I still think Remember the Titans blows it away.
Been 3 times and it's all gone, but I hope it's not. To me RemTheTitans it was the Titanic of football. WAAAAAY overrated.
chicagotexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read