Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-13-2009   #1
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Killer of Time's Mock of Death!!

1. Clay Matthews, OLB, USC Derp
2. James Casey, Footballer, Rice He's going to be everything on offense. TE receiving threat, Wildcat QB, Goalline back. The X factor Reggie Bush wishes he could be.
3. Michael Hamlin, SS, Clemson Good size, Imposer of fear in the secondary
4a. Bradley Fletcher, CB, Iowa Fits the Smithiak mold for CBs
4b. Brandon Tate, KR/WR, North Carolina Jacoby Jones is toast
5. AQ Shipley, C, Chris Myers needs to be replaced, depth addressed
6. Greg Isander, OG, West Virginia Depth at the very least
7. Brandon Williams, DE, Texas Tech Why not?

I tried to be a little different, so no bashing and quite honestly at this point I think everything has been said about Matthews that can be said but he's still my pick.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #2
Polo

Default Re: The Killer of Time's Mock of Death!!

Not a fan of not taking any RB's

Don't really want Clay Matthews, but if he is the pick I won't ***** about it.
Old 04-13-2009   #3
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as there is no Cushing...I don't know why, but I just have a bad feeling about him.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice mock! I like the Matthews pick. I like the Casey pick- it would definitely be a luxury type of pick for us, but hey... the guy is a football player and seems like a great fit for us. I think the fans would love him. I like how you addressed the secondary. But I'd throw in a RB like Gartrell Johnson maybe with that second 4th rounder. Tate's been injured and it's rumored he may still miss the whole rookie season? If so, I doubt we look at him that early.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #5
TimeKiller

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Nice mock! I like the Matthews pick. I like the Casey pick- it would definitely be a luxury type of pick for us, but hey... the guy is a football player and seems like a great fit for us. I think the fans would love him. I like how you addressed the secondary. But I'd throw in a RB like Gartrell Johnson maybe with that second 4th rounder. Tate's been injured and it's rumored he may still miss the whole rookie season? If so, I doubt we look at him that early.
If that's true about Tate then I wouldn't have even put him on. He's supposed to be so low only because of Injuries and if he's got another one that's a MAJOR red flag. Got to get guys that stay on the field.
Old 04-13-2009   #6
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

id hate to take casey with a first day pick. i like the guy but he seems like a somewhat luxury pick. he'd help a little in alot of ways when we need a full time fixture. and given that we'd have a nice choice of players at need positions (namely safety and pass rushing de) @ 46 id be quite pissed
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009   #7
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Not a fan of not taking any RB's

Don't really want Clay Matthews, but if he is the pick I won't ***** about it.
I really don't understand why you do not like Mathews ? He's the most athletic OLB to come down the road in a very long time. Hips like a safety. Can bull rush in the trenches....he's everything we need. when they send five he will get there. And he'll cover anything on the field.

Agreed. they got to have a RB.
Old 04-13-2009   #8
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
1. Clay Matthews, OLB, USC Derp
2. James Casey, Footballer, Rice He's going to be everything on offense. TE receiving threat, Wildcat QB, Goalline back. The X factor Reggie Bush wishes he could be.
3. Michael Hamlin, SS, Clemson Good size, Imposer of fear in the secondary
4a. Bradley Fletcher, CB, Iowa Fits the Smithiak mold for CBs
4b. Brandon Tate, KR/WR, North Carolina Jacoby Jones is toast
5. AQ Shipley, C, Chris Myers needs to be replaced, depth addressed
6. Greg Isander, OG, West Virginia Depth at the very least
7. Brandon Williams, DE, Texas Tech Why not?

I tried to be a little different, so no bashing and quite honestly at this point I think everything has been said about Matthews that can be said but he's still my pick.
Haven't heard he's guilty, and if he's there ad that's who we roll with our #1 pick i'm good with it.

I like Casey's versatility but.....where does he go fulltime? That's my biggest concern. Everyone says plug him in here...or there...anywhere! I don't see the staff going with him and I'd plug in someone like Delmas or Chung. I'd love to see us address the interior OL here with Ugner, if still there, or Eric Wood.

I'm ok with Hamlin being the pick in the third.

4th...i like the CB pick but not so sure about Tate. I think we're good at WR and despite Jones lack of overall production he's going to get one more shot this year. I think Gartrell Johnson or Glen Coffey would be good picks instead of Tate.

Good with the rest of the draft especially if we don't address the interior of the line earlier.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #9
TimeKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I like Casey's versatility but.....where does he go fulltime? That's my biggest concern. Everyone says plug him in here...or there...anywhere! I don't see the staff going with him and I'd plug in someone like Delmas or Chung. I'd love to see us address the interior OL here with Ugner, if still there, or Eric Wood.
Unger would be nice if he lasts. Casey wouldn't be anywhere fulltime, he'd be everywhere fulltime. Slot reciever, 2nd TE, Goalline back, trick play threat. The guy would be dynamic in this offense under Kubiak and kid-Shanahan.
Quote:
4th...i like the CB pick but not so sure about Tate. I think we're good at WR and despite Jones lack of overall production he's going to get one more shot this year. I think Gartrell Johnson or Glen Coffey would be good picks instead of Tate.
GJohnson would be a perfect fit here. Really just took a flyer on Tate to replace JJones at KR because I think with DAnderson re-upping and James Casey filling in reciever depth Jones' WR ability (or lack of) isn't even needed. Someone who could probably fill up his KR status with an actual shot at being a real WR someday in the late 4th is not a wasted pick IMO.
Quote:
Good with the rest of the draft especially if we don't address the interior of the line earlier.
Yea, the more I think about it the more it seems like we're either going to be able to address interior Oline or secondary with those 2/3 picks. I'd rather fix up the 2ndary. With Gibbs' history of middle round lineman the decision is easier.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read