Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2009   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up 2009 Member Mock (Second) Rounds 1-3

Ok, we are less than 24 hours from this mock going live. This is the thread you will post your pick, make fun of someones pick, or post anything about our mock draft.
Old 03-05-2009   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk (Post Combine) Member Mock Draft

Anybody have an updated top 100? I just used the last one to make notes and mark them off as they were picked.

SM, I'll PM you a few players for the Brownies first pick. Kinda stinks starting on a Friday considering I usually don't hit the boards on the weekends.

Oh well, I'll get the PM to ya when I'm done doing a little research.
Old 03-05-2009   #3
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Anybody have an updated top 100? I just used the last one to make notes and mark them off as they were picked.

SM, I'll PM you a few players for the Brownies first pick. Kinda stinks starting on a Friday considering I usually don't hit the boards on the weekends.

Really im ready to make my pick. So if 2-4 are ready as well, maybe we can kick this thing off and get your pick in before the weekend.
Old 03-05-2009   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Really im ready to make my pick. So if 2-4 are ready as well, maybe we can kick this thing off and get your pick in before the weekend.
Let's get'r done! I'm down with getting it kicked off now.
Old 03-05-2009   #5
Blake
MMQB

This is the list. Make sure its correct:

Lions - Super Mario
Rams - WolverineFan
Chiefs - beerlover
Seahawks - gtexan02
Browns - HOU-TEX
Bengals - mussop
Raiders - Goldensilence
Jaguars - Texan4Ever
Packers - bah007
Niners - Specnatz
Bills - TexansSeminole
Broncos - Kaiser Toro
Redskins - steelbtexan
Saints - The Pencil Neck
Texans - Shaft75
Chargers - Tailgate
Jets - gtexan02
Bears - jgl35
Buccaneers - TimeKiller
Lions - super_mario
Eagles - Mari-OWNED!
Vikings - YoungTexanFan
Patriots - rmartin65
Falcons - JCTexan
Dolphins - Honoring Earl 34
Ravens - DiehardChris
Colts - Texan_JBZ
Eagles - Mari-OWNED!
Giants - Lork 88
Titans - TimeKiller
Cardinals - BigBull17
Steelers - Ole Miss Texan

Cowboys - Honoring Earl 34
Panthers - The Pencil Neck
Old 03-05-2009   #6
Blake
MMQB

With the first pick in the 2009 NFL draft, the Detroit Lions select:

Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia

Reasoning: With a canon for an arm he can make all the throws required in the NFL. He has good size and played in a pro-style offense for 3 years in the SEC taking snap directly from center.

With Culpepper and Stanton on the roster Stafford can sit for the year and learn the ropes while new HC Jim Schwartz builds up the team around their new franchise QB. Culpepper is a stop gap QB, and Stanton is a bad QB from the last regime.

This team needs a ton of help on both sides of the ball so I was also looking at Eugene Monroe, Jason Smith, and Aaron Curry with the first pick but decided on getting my franchise QB this year instead of taking a chance on being able to get one in 2010. There is no denying that the quarterback is the most important part of a football team.

Last edited by Blake; 03-05-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-05-2009   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

BOOO! (Jets fans)

Personally, I don't like spending first rounders on guys that can't contribute immediately.

BUT, Stafford is a guy that is gonna have to sit for a year anyway and the Lions do not have a franchise QB.

It's debatable where Stafford stands at right now, but what isn't debatable is that if it all comes together for him his ceiling will be extremely high.

Not a bad pick, IMO.
Sponsored links
Old 03-05-2009   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I can send you my personal top 100 if you're interested.
Old 03-05-2009   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I can send you my personal top 100 if you're interested.
That'd be great. Probably better than most of the talking heads anyway. Send it so it can be printed easily. What format you have it saved in?
Old 03-05-2009   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
That'd be great. Probably better than most of the talking heads anyway. Send it so it can be printed easily. What format you have it saved in?
Just a good old-fashioned word document. Looks pretty much like this all the way down:

1. Jason Smith - OT, Baylor
2. Aaron Curry - OLB, Wake Forest
3. Eugene Monroe - OT, Virginia
4. Michael Crabtree - WR, Texas Tech
5. Matthew Stafford - QB, Georgia
Old 03-05-2009   #11
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81420 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Just a good old-fashioned word document. Looks pretty much like this all the way down:

1. Jason Smith - OT, Baylor
2. Aaron Curry - OLB, Wake Forest
3. Eugene Monroe - OT, Virginia
4. Michael Crabtree - WR, Texas Tech
5. Matthew Stafford - QB, Georgia
Except for Matt Stafford at #5 right lol, jk.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 03-11-2009   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude.

You should have gone with the kicker.
Old 03-17-2009   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 93rd pick, the Carolina Panthers select Nate Davis, QB.

With Delhomme getting old and having some questions about Matt Moore, the Panthers select probably the 4th best QB in this draft. He's big, he's strong... and he needs some time to get polished.

From FF Toolbox:
Quote:
Davis has it all. A big frame, powerful arm, and accuracy to go along with them. He is athletic enough to buy time with his leg, and he goes through his progressions with relative ease. Check his second and third options rather regularly. He is a leader who takes command of the huddle. However, he lacks experience, his throwing motion needs refinement and his footwork needs more development.

Davis, a junior, is a rare physical specimen. He is a true NFL product. If he declares, and all indications points towards that, he would be highly sought after by many teams. He is a second round talent who, with a great last two months of the season, could sneak into the later stages of the first round. Davis will be a starter in the NFL by 2010.
Old 03-17-2009   #14
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

The Tennessee Titans & TimeKiller (#94) are on the clock!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-17-2009   #15
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 150814 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Bud will order them to take Stephen Mcgee to get the Aggie support .
Old 03-17-2009   #16
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I think Bud will order them to take Stephen Mcgee to get the Aggie support .
Or Quan Cosby... You can never have too many Longhorns.
Old 03-17-2009   #17
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Or Quan Cosby... You can never have too many Longhorns.
We don't want them getting the good Longhorns though.

They already got Michael Griffin. We don't want them to get Cosby too.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read