Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-14-2005   #1
NeViKaN
Rookie

Default Why did the field look so good?

Did anyone else see how good the field looked for the soccer game last week? I guess soccer is just better.
NeViKaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

It may have been the new field that the Houston Sports Authority just bought. We now own 2 and 3/4ths fields.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005   #3
Boxscore
All Pro

I think Reliant needs a synthetic turf. In the long run, it would be a lot cheaper and maybe keep the seat prices from continuing to go up so much.

Last edited by Boxscore; 01-17-2005 at 07:25 PM.
Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005   #4
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxscore
I think Reliant needs a synthetic turf. In the long run, it would be a lot creaper and maybe keep the seat prices from continuing to go up so much.
I can tell you that field turf (if we're talking about the same thing) slows you down at least .2 seconds

At the national combine held this past weekend in San Antonio, guys that normally run 4.5's on the grass at LC were getting 4.7's and 4.8's thanks to the new turf in the dome. I say keep with grass
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005   #5
Boxscore
All Pro

The speed difference would apply to both teams, which would zero out the affect.

A big problem is that the sun does not shine on the turf on the S. end of the field during football season. Zero sun = unhealthy turf.
Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005   #6
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 42174 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember reading when they had the first soccer games there, that the soccer field is not the tray system.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read