Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-12-2005   #1
crazy4u310
Rookie

Default Mike Williams?

What are the chances of us getting Mike Williams in the draft?
crazy4u310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Lloyd: "like 1 in a hundred?"

Mary: "More like 1 in a million"

Lloyd: "So your tellin me theres a chance!"

But seriously. Dont bank on him being there past #5.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005   #3
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see him getting past the Bears at #4
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought the Edwards kid from Michigan was considered the top receiver out of the draft.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I happen to think there will be a good chance Edwards is there at 13 but we pass because we need some help on offensive and defensive line.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005   #6
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
I happen to think there will be a good chance Edwards is there at 13 but we pass because we need some help on offensive and defensive line.
Yeah, what good is a WR, if you dont have time to throw the ball?
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #7
fresno8
Veteran

Default Mike Williams

Kiper has Mike Williams going mid round (if he works out as a WR) and has him going to the Texans. He may work out as an H-back/TE from the what Kiper said. That being said, I don't want projects and he's never played TE but he could be an intriguing TE/WR hybrid for us or other teams. Sometimes he could line up at TE, sometimes slot, sometimes outside. But no one knows if he can or ever would learn the nuances of a TE . Ever since his freshman year there has been talk of him possibly becoming an NFL tight end. He'd be a great receiving tight end for us who could stretch the field and cause mismatches w/ smaller CB's and even some LB if he adds 10 pounds. I don't want to pick him that's just where Kiper has him going. Heath Miller would be a good pick at 13 or a good O/D lineman (Derrick Johnson if for some reason he dropped that far )
Old 01-21-2005   #8
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

I find it hard to believe he'd go that early if he does end up a TE. He doesnt have any blocking experience so regardless of how good of hands he has he isnt going to be that great of a TE when he gets drafted.
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005   #9
GotMojo80
Rookie

IMO unless Williams has some really good tryouts, i dont see him going any earlier than #7, Mell Kiper thinks he will fall mid first round and said today that if so would likely go to the texans, however he didnt mention Derrick Johnson in his top 10 either. :: aslo Braylon Edwards has the highest stock out of recievers right now, for the simple fact that Williams has sat out a year and Edwards has played all 4 of his and if a team in the top 10 need a reciever Edwards will prob be the first to go.:: and on Jabar Gaffney, he is more of a possesion reciever, cant really burn you, cant really jump over you, Mike Williams who has a similar combo of speed a height like andre and would free up much more coverage for him. Gaffney could be traded regardless of his amazing 600 yards /sarcasm

Last edited by GotMojo80; 01-21-2005 at 10:56 PM.
GotMojo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I almost hate to say this but Mike Williams deserves to be playing in La La Land (Raiders) & not the Texans. Edwards is far more the complementive WR to AJ. He would be the Texans true #2 & a great pick if he should fall to #13 at least thats my IMO
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005   #11
fresno8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
I almost hate to say this but Mike Williams deserves to be playing in La La Land (Raiders) & not the Texans. Edwards is far more the complementive WR to AJ. He would be the Texans true #2 & a great pick if he should fall to #13 at least thats my IMO
Braylon Edwards or Derrick Johnson would be awesome for the Texans If either were available at 13 we'd have to take one or Heath Miller. great point beerlover. AJ/Edwards/Gaffney that'd be great and would rival any WR trio in the league. I have liked Edwards better than Williams for quite some time now. Question is who would you rather have Edwards or Johnson? Either would be great but I'll take Johnson, and take a WR in the 2 or 3 rnd.
Old 01-22-2005   #12
astrofan
Veteran

for what could we possibly need a first day WR?
we don't even utilize the guys we have now
don't forget we still have starling
astrofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005   #13
THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID Send a message via Yahoo to THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID

Here's a question: If these three player where available at #13, which 1 would you take? Williams, Johnson, or Miller?
THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read