Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2005   #1
block4carrmore
Rookie

Default Monday Night Football in our near future?

Yes there are more improvements needed, but many improvements made. We were on Sunday Night Football on ESPN this past season. Could MONDAY Night Football be far behind? When were they in town last? Let's roll out the red carpet for Al & John.
block4carrmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005   #2
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i imagine that will be a while, dont only play-off teams from the previous year make it on Monday night football. Kind of like the Titans they sucked this year but made it because of last season !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005   #3
trijcomm

I believe that ABC will have the power to change what games they will broadcast to avoid bad matchups. Thus, they are looking for meaningful games. The only hope the Texans have would be to land a game early in the year to avoid being eliminated once they move out of contention. But to the general populace, since the Texans haven't had a good season yet, any game involving the Texans now would be considered a must-miss.
Old 01-06-2005   #4
THEFUTURE
All Pro

I dont know about MNF, but i think the Texans are on Sunday Night again next year, i believe against the Titans, thats just what i have heard. MNF is a little ways away, soon but not next year, hope for 2006
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #5
TexansCanes
All Pro

i was talking with my brother and we counted that i think it was five teams didn't have a sunday night game while 14 didn't have a monday night game. so that means that you have to be in the playoffs or on the door step to play on monday. i say another sunday night this year and a monday night game in 2006 is possible.
Old 01-07-2005   #6
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

2006 = Texans @ Cowboys,Monday Night Football...mark it down ppl.
Old 01-07-2005   #7
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFUTURE
I dont know about MNF, but i think the Texans are on Sunday Night again next year, i believe against the Titans, thats just what i have heard. MNF is a little ways away, soon but not next year, hope for 2006
The NFL doesn't announce the schedule until the spring, and the networks don't announce the prime time games until the same time or a little later.

Anyone saying anything about any prime time matchups is just speculating right now.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-07-2005   #8
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I think there is a 50/50 chance we get a MNF game. I think if we don't get a MNF game we will get a SNF game though. So we should have at least one prime time game next season.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #9
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Monday Night Football. Texans vs Steelers. Carr vs Roethlisberger.
Old 01-07-2005   #10
H-TownRules
Veteran

yeah... but in years we dont play the cowboys during the regular season, they are our first pre-season game (correct me if im wrong)
Old 01-07-2005   #11
TexansJunkE
Veteran

If I remeber right, didn't I have to sit and watch the Redskins play on MNF & a couple SNF games this year. I hate how the league plays favorites to certain teams. Who cares if Gibbs came back....they still stunk If they can have MNF why can't we?
TexansJunkE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #12
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-TownRules
yeah... but in years we dont play the cowboys during the regular season, they are our first pre-season game (correct me if im wrong)
Our 1st pre-season game last year was Denver, here.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005   #13
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Our 1st pre-season game last year was Denver, here.
If you mean 'last year' as in 2003, you are correct.

In 2004 the Texans first preseason game was against Dallas at home.

In 2003 the Texans opened preseason at home against Denver and went to Dallas in the second week of preseason.

In 2002, I recall the scrimmage against Dallas at Robertson and at the Alamodome but I don't think we played them in the preseason. The home preseason games were against Miami and Tampa.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005   #14
Andre Carr
Rookie

This team is gonna have to atleast make the playoffs to get a shot on MNF . The Texans are'nt what you would call a national favorite and they don't have the exposure to be considered prime time yet .
Old 01-09-2005   #15
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I can't see why we would get a SNF @ the Seahawks. I think we'd be more likely to get a game against the Jags.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005   #16
Andre Carr
Rookie

A MNF game against the Jags would be sweet .
Old 01-09-2005   #17
THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID Send a message via Yahoo to THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID

How about Cardinals and Texans on MNF? That would be an attractive matchup don't you think? I mean some people might even pay to see that game.

Anyways, someone said were not even close to national favorites.......I remember one day on ESPN's Around the Horn they were talking about if the Cowboys were still "America's Team" and Woody Paige answered "They aren't even Texas' favorite.........the Texans are" I rolled out of my seat laughing, but hey, you gotta love Woody Paige.

I think we will get 3 Nationally Televised games this year. 1 being with CBS at the noon slot, one being in the later game when we go out west to play the Seahawks maybe, and then again on Sunday Night Football.
THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read