Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2005   #1
AndreJ
All Pro

Default Seth Payne

Anyone know the specifics on his injury? If its serious, i think that would make the decision of resigning him alot easier. And we could get an early start seeing who would be back next year.
Old 01-03-2005   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

The only thing I keep hearing is "injured his leg" with an emphasis on it not being a knee injury. That's all I've heard so far.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #3
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

i am not a fan of resigning him unless its very very cheap.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #4
Txnpride
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
we should not resign our BEST D-lineman. Did you see the drop in pressure when Payne went out? Payne gets injured cause he plays hard.... Cant say that bout Walker or smith.
well said We NEED Seth back
Txnpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #5
tex
Veteran

When Smith was signed they said he was better at stopping the run than rushing the passer.Walker I don't know what happen to him.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Payne is a good lineman.. but unless he is cheap i dont know that we can afford him.. not with the Smith and Walker contracts.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #7
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Payne is a good lineman.. but unless he is cheap i dont know that we can afford him.. not with the Smith and Walker contracts.
I think Walker is a has been and its time for him to hang it up. I think he had all of about .5 sacks this season and that really didn't help. It suprises me that hes the one week after week to complain to the press, but he doesn't make any plays. I would love to trade him and get him out of here, he doesn't seem happy anyway. He's just looking for a SB.
Old 01-03-2005   #8
SESupergenius

Payne doesn't do us any good when he's on the sideline nursing an injury. He may be be our best lineman when he plays but you would be way overpaying with his consistant lack of playing time. We will draft a DL and MLB this year.
Old 01-03-2005   #9
Mistril48
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Define cheap? I believe in 2003 he was $4 mill Cap compared to Walkers $6 mill Cap. I would say he was getting Coleman money while Walker was getting Glenn money. I have no difficulty with giving a healthy Payne the kind of money you give Coleman, McKinney, Smith, Wade, Weigert, etc ...

I think he's proven that his surgically repaired knee can hold up. It just did for the whole season. Assuming his injury on Sunday is a routine injury to his other leg, the same kind of injury that any D-linemen could have, then I have no difficulty signing him for a reasonable amount.

There is no guarantee that recently drafted D-linemen will play great or that they won't get injured.
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #10
texansfan88
All Pro

Pallilo on ESPN 790 said that Payne has torn some hamstring muscles
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read