Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2004   #1
fresno8
Veteran

Default weigert done for the year

He hasn't been too bad this year, it's to bad he's gone down. Will anyone step up and prove themselves in his place? Now is the time for Weary/Washington and company to prove themselves worthy of sticking around. We need more depth at o-line to create more competition and to maybe have some young talent emerge to solidify our line for the fututre. We haven't spent many 2-4 round picks on young lineman to develop. What do you think?
fresno8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004   #2
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

I think our O-line is below average to start with and losing a starter only makes us worse. Washington did terrible in the Bears game, but maybe he was touched by the hand of God (or something), and he will magically dominate the line of scrimmage on Sunday.
Old 12-24-2004   #3
fresno8
Veteran

I know our line is horrible and our back ups aren't any good. It was just wishful thinking that someone would step it up. Hopefully they'll go after a lineman in the draft not through free agency unless it's a pro-bowler which won't happen.
fresno8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004   #4
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

well it could happen with all the mess that seattle has gotten themselves into they have their top three offensive players becoming unrestricted free agents at season's end...including walter jones...who i don't believe they'll franchise again...picking to franchise their QB hasselback...or alexander...opening the door for us to sweep in and grab jones...which would solidfy our left side...and end the search for a dominant LT...as for the backups...i would start thinking about drafting some young gaurds if i was casserly...weary hasn't shown much promise and neither has brown...our only real dependable back up in my mind is marcus spears

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read