Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2008   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Slaton/Taylor/Walker & Green

do not scare many, but I want to see how they perform. I am ok with not signing anyone else for this position for now. I think we will see more passes to these guys in regular season and backs may have far more combined yards than ever. I also think we will see more reverses with Slaton and JJ to confuse defense. I really like the speed this year combined with our WR and predict offense will be very good.
Old 08-29-2008   #2
Polo

Default Re: Slaton/Taylor/Walker & Green

It's like our team has a deceptive element of Speed...

When I think about our offense in general I don't think "fast"....

But when you break down the skill guys we are kind of fast, O.D has good speed for a TE, AJ, AD, Slaton, Jacoby...
Old 08-29-2008   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
It's like our team has a deceptive element of Speed...

When I think about our offense in general I don't think "fast"....

But when you break down the skill guys we are kind of fast, O.D has good speed for a TE, AJ, AD, Slaton, Jacoby...
Very accurate read on offense. I think he O line will be faster also and that can be a very good thing.
Old 08-29-2008   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Slaton - Turf Toe, Knee problems at WVU, rookie
Taylor - Coming off major knee surgery, only played in a few regular season games
Brown - Injury riddled
Green - Worse than Brown

And we cut Walker, the only healthy guy of the bunch. Brilliant.
Old 08-29-2008   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Slaton - Turf Toe, Knee problems at WVU, rookie
Taylor - Coming off major knee surgery, only played in a few regular season games
Brown - Injury riddled
Green - Worse than Brown

And we cut Walker, the only healthy guy of the bunch. Brilliant.
Our RBs should each be issued special custom equipment upon signing of their contracts.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

As I said in the presser thread, we'll be looking to sign other teams left overs at this position after the 2nd or 3rd game. Sheesh.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read