Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 06-06-2008   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default FFl Stragety...

In my league, I'm going to have the first pick in our draft. I'm perplexed. This will be my third year playing, and I've been trounced the past two years. I think it's obvious to my fellow owners, that I don't know WTF I'm doing.

So, I need help.

Here's the situation.

I've got the first pick...... my next pick isn't 'till 20th overall. So, the guy I'll take first, and 18 other players will be off the board, before I get my second pick.

The top ten QBs avg 495.9 points, with a spread of 670.4(Tom Brady) to 424.8(Jon Kitna)

The top ten RBs avg 237 points, with a spread from 317.6(LT-18th overall) to 193.8(Frank Gore-49th overall)

The top ten WRs avg 235 points, with the spread from 326.3(Moss-16th overall) to 201.2(Brandon Marshall-43rd overall)

So, I've got to take a QB right?? If I'm lucky, 8 RBs, and 8 WRs will be taken, and I can hope to get the top defense (San Diego Chargers, 221 points)??

What would you do??
Old 06-06-2008   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: FFl Stragety...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

What would you do??
First, you need to post your scoring and roster rules. But the rule of thumb is to take a RB in the 1st round. Maybe even with your 1st 2 picks. Because if you're in a FFL that allows you to start 2 or more RBs, and 1 QB, RBs become much more scarce.
Old 06-06-2008   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Number of Passing TDs 1-3 3 points for 1, and then 3 point for every 1 thereafter Test
Number of Passing TDs 4-99 14 points for 4, and then 5 point for every 1 thereafter Test
Passing Yards -50-999 .1 point for every 1 Test
Passing Yards 0-999 3 point for every 300 Test
Pass Interceptions Thrown 0-99 -2 points each Test
Passing 2 Pointers 0-99 2 points each Test
Number of Rushing TDs 0-99 6 points each Test
Length of Rushing TD 50-99 2 Test
Rushing Yards -50-999 .1 point for every 1 Test
Rushing Yards 0-999 3 point for every 150 Test
Rush Attempts 0-99 3 point for every 25 Test
Rushing 2 Pointers 0-99 2 points each Test
Number of Receiving TDs 0-99 6 points each Test
Length of Receiving TD 50-99 2 Test
Receiving Yards -50-999 .1 point for every 1 Test
Receiving Yards 0-999 3 point for every 120 Test
Receptions 7-99 1 points for 7, and then 1 point for every 1 thereafter Test
Receiving 2 Pointers 0-99 2 points each Test
Length of Field Goal Made 0-39 3 Test
Length of Field Goal Made 40-49 4 Test
Length of Field Goal Made 50-59 5 Test
Length of Field Goal Made 60-99 6 Test
Extra Points 0-99 1 point each Test
Fumbles Lost on Offense 0-99 -2 points each Test
Number of Defensive & Special Teams TDs 0-99 6 points each Test
Old 06-06-2008   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

8 starting spots

1 QB
1-3 RBs
2-4 Wrs
1 PK
1 Def
Old 06-06-2008   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

That's an interesting scoring system. I would probably take a RB with 3 of my 1st 5 picks. I would take LT #1, though Peterson could go for 2000 yards if he gets the carries.

At the 2nd/3rd round turn, I'd look for another RB and maybe a top WR. I'd do the same in the 4th/5th.

Unless there's a huge run on QBs early, I'd wait for a value pick to drop in the 6th or 7th. Maybe later. Don't forget that running QBs have extra value. Vince Young or Tarvaris Jackson would be good backups in your league.

There's some value for a kicker who has volume and length, like a Rob Bironas. Kris Brown is a sleeper pick.

I wouldn't take a defense until I had to. Unless you have the Bears, defense & special teams TDs vary from year to year.
Old 06-06-2008   #6
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
That's an interesting scoring system. I would probably take a RB with 3 of my 1st 5 picks. I would take LT #1, though Peterson could go for 2000 yards if he gets the carries.
If you're able to go with 3 RB's then that's the way to go, although if you can steal Brady in the 20th (doubtful) that'd be coup-de-grace. Brady put up ridiculous fantasy numbers having Moss to throw to, and that combo will be back next year.

But yeah, with that system, I'd probably take an RB first, and then see what was left over. Another RB would be high on my list.
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read