Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2004   #1
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Does anyone else notice this....

It is just me...or do the newer ppl on this board have unrealistic expectations. Everyone wants Capers/Palmer fired and think this team wont get any better in the long run. Maybe I'm being rude,but it bugs the hell out of me that people aren't patient with this team. Just calm down people,yall act the Texans been apart of Houston for 25 ****in' years. Have faith in our front office and shut up with the unrealistic bs.
Old 12-12-2004   #2
TexSon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVP

Actually a lot of people that have been here since the very beginning, through the multiple board changes, and historically very patient, have started to become frustrated with the very slow progress. And with good reason.
TexSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #3
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316
It is just me...or do the newer ppl on this board have unrealistic expectations. Everyone wants Capers/Palmer fired and think this team wont get any better in the long run. Maybe I'm being rude,but it bugs the hell out of me that people aren't patient with this team. Just calm down people,yall act the Texans been apart of Houston for 25 ****in' years. Have faith in our front office and shut up with the unrealistic bs.
Fire Capers/Palmer
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #4
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Actually, there are a number of posters on this board who recognize that this is a 3 year team. But if you want to see 'patience', then my advise is to look for posts in the middle of the week, and not the childish tantrum rants on a Sunday afternoon following a loss.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #5
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

You're partially right. I've been around a little while and I'm disappointed by this team too.

I think we knew this team wasn't going to be playoff-bound this year, but I do think the offense should've shown more progress than it has in 2004. David Carr just can't seem to take over a game. Davis can, but only if he's healthy, and lord knows the brittle Tony Hollings is no help as a backup to him. Furthermore, Carr seems to have at LEAST one totally boneheaded turnover each game lately, and the offense in general is increasing its penalties rather than eliminating them.

The receivers are good, but they don't get the ball enough because we have a large slab of frozen meat playing left tackle and a couple of guards alternating between false starts and getting beaten.

I don't know whether our one-dimensional offense is the fault of coaching or a QB who isn't progressing mentally. But I DO expect more of Carr at the end of year 3.

Back to the issue of expectations. People are ticked off about the Texans' inability to win in the second half of this season. I think that's fair. But some people are getting worked up over losses to top playoff contenders, and I don't think that's right. Losing a close game to Green Bay at home was inexcusable, as was gagging against the Jets. But losing today against a team that's flattening everyone in the league with 30-40-50 points isn't as big a deal to me.

As I wrote in the gameday thread, though, if this team FINISHES with 5 or 6 wins, I think there's reason to gripe. This team should win at least 7 games. Period.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #6
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Once again, Carr really didn't play very well today. Throwing the interception
right at the beginning of the game was very disappointing. And he got sacked
a couple of times for big losses to stall drives when he should have been able to get rid of the ball. Also, I actually wonder if he hasn't sustained an injury to his throwing arm. Notwithstanding the pass protection break downs, he still never thru the ball downfield a single time (I don't think). To me that's pretty amazing.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #7
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder about the injury thing also. Last 4-5 games he has been pretty bad. Passes floating, way off target, falling short etc. Lots of just bad tosses. First 4-5 games he was doing pretty well and now he isn't. Can't seem to toss the long ball. Somthing has changed, just not sure what.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2004   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr does seem to have regressed quite a bit lately, but he'll be fine in the long run. If the line were holding up really well, he'd look like a hero right now.

We've been upset with this team for several weeks now for getting blown out of games that they should've kept closer, but were expected to lose anyway. This week they were supposed to get blown out badly and they made it competitive. It's just frustrating to see that they lost because of a serious lack of a passing game today, when passing has been their greatest strength this year...well, except for the D getting interceptions, maybe.

The really good news is that DD appears to be back, and it's about time. DD had something to do with us keeping their offense of the field some and holding Manning at bay. Let's hope he can keep it up.

Dunta doesn't just get intercetions. He'll also knock your block off!!!
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #9
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
I wonder about the injury thing also. Last 4-5 games he has been pretty bad. Passes floating, way off target, falling short etc. Lots of just bad tosses. First 4-5 games he was doing pretty well and now he isn't. Can't seem to toss the long ball. Somthing has changed, just not sure what.
Good assessment of a bad situation. Wish someone within the Texans would address this.

JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #10
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

If coaches are fired... I'd like to hear from those that post this who to replace with that would keep this team growing into next year without a hitch and not regress back into the 1st two years of the team....

Shark... I think the "fire" threads are the battlecry for some who are unaware and will just latch onto it as it makes sense to them without thinking of another alternative. (Not saying I'm one to know it all... WAY far from it.)

What's changed from the beginning of the season? Why has Carr regressed? More game tapes that the opposition has. A weakness has been exploited (maybe a few of them) and they're gonna take advantage of it to win. Carr's running for his life, therefore - looking for the downfield play while not taking a 350 lb smack to the turf.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #11
Txnpride
Veteran

Quote:
As I stated last week...Rome wasnt built in a day.....it is gonna take time to build a GOOD NFL team.....not to mention our division is brutal.Look back at our opponents the NFL has given us the last couple of years.....even the top dogs on the block would have a hard time....bottom line though.."To be the best....you gotta beat the best" We will get there baby....for the people just hanging on to the bandwagon.....jump off,we dont need you anyway.LOL
Txnpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004   #12
Deadball
Rookie

Default I've been here since the beginning

Quote:
Though with all the chgs, operating under various names.
Deadball is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read