Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-06-2004   #1
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer
Default Michigan vs Texas and ...wtf?

Cal, what the hell happened to Cal? Texas would be a fantastic game too.

But the RoseBowl is always a Pac-10 and BigTen.

Odd.
Old 12-06-2004   #2
MarleyFan
Veteran

For Cal to make it the "Rose Bowl" meant everything to them. They have been trying to get back there since 1959. For Texas to go to the "Rose Bowl", just means there school gets more money. Thank's a lot BCS!
MarleyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004   #3
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Mack Brown's pouting got the Horns in the Rose Bowl.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004   #4
William
Rookie

yeah I like texas but I feel that Cal got short handed I also hate the automatic bowl bid for teams like Michigan and Pitt its kinda like the NFC playoff picture alot of the teams flatout dont belogn there but what can we do.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004   #5
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
If I have this right and I may not but: THE BCS COMPUTERS PUT THEM IN! I dont think the computers listened to Mack Brown. From what I remember hearing or reading is that Texas only picked up five votes in the human polls...

Since Cal and Texas had the same record, I love the strength of schedule in this situation (which I think they took out of the BCS, and it was the only one to make sense): Texas opponents had a winning percentage of .545%, Calís opponents had a winning percentage of .500%. Cal plays in the PAC-freaking-10. I would love to see a Cal vs. Texas Rose Bowl, though...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004   #6
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

From what I understand, TEN coaches flipped their vote to Texas, picking Cal the previous week. Cal was ahead of UT, both teams won, Cal should have stayed ahead of Texas.

The human polls didn't work. The BcS is a freaking joke. GET A PLAYOFF SYSTEM ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004   #7
goodness
Rookie

I don't feel sorry for Cal. Try going to THREE Holiday bowls in four years WHILE being ranked in the top 10 each time.
goodness is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-07-2004   #8
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
It helped, because Mack Brown has in his contract that if Texas reaches a BCS bowl....$75,000 bonus goes his way.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004   #9
profan
Veteran

Quote:
Well, a 10-1 record had a little something to do with Texas getting in more than Brown's comments.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by profan
Well, a 10-1 record had a little something to do with Texas getting in more than Brown's comments.
That would be a good theory if the team they jumped didn't have the same record and if the team they jumped's one loss hadn't come by a narrower margin to the #1 team while Texas' one loss came to the #2 team with a bigger loss.
Old 12-07-2004   #11
TexansCanes
All Pro

don't blame the system, your team should be good enough with out having to have the coach go on every tv station to try and get some pitty votes.
Old 12-20-2004   #12
htown_julie
Rookie

Default cal

I am a big fan of Texas... but I also think that Cal got cheated out of it... Much props to Texas but I think that Cal deserved that spot much more... I also think that Mack Brown's whining had something to do with it and that the BCS really needs a better system.. Human polling sucks and that more people would have wanted to see Cal and Michigan...
htown_julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004   #13
LonghornBabe
Tubin' Chic

Rep Power: 572 LonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LonghornBabe Send a message via Yahoo to LonghornBabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleyFan
For Cal to make it the "Rose Bowl" meant everything to them. They have been trying to get back there since 1959. For Texas to go to the "Rose Bowl", just means there school gets more money. Thank's a lot BCS!
I totally disagree with you......it does mean a lot to Texas and Texas fans!

Anyone can say what they want.....I think Texas belongs there BUT that is just my opinion! I think strength of schedule SHOULD play a roll! Actually...I think the problem is the BCS. Until we have a playoff system, someone is always going to get screwed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhoosier
I have lived here for 2 years now...I watch UT fans laugh and heckle while their team blows out weak competition...(North Texas this year for example), then whine and cry when facing an opponent equal to or better than they are. (OU for example). It's funny how quickly you change your tune when you are on the short end of the talent pool.

Note to UT fans...Try having a little class when your team is pounding the lesser opponents, and people won't revel in displaying a lack of class while you are getting shut out.
I am sorry that you think ALL Texas fans don't have class. I support my Horns win or lose same way I do with the Texans. I don't think I am a rude of obvoxious fan at all. Believe me, I see MANY faults with the program. We did not RUN UP THE score with North Texas....shoot...none of our starters even played in the 3rd or 4th quarter. I have NEVER whined or cried about us losing to OU 5 years in row.....they outplayed us and Stoops outcoached Mack Brown. That is just the way it is!

Kimberly
Check out my blog at kimberlyskakery.com
LonghornBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004   #14
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

As a Longhorn and native Texan I could care less about Cal...they sure wouldn't care if we had gotten screwed over.

And college football desperately needs a playoff system but from all I've read and heard that will not happen in the immediate future.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004   #15
txhoosier
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornBabe
I am sorry that you think ALL Texas fans don't have class. I support my Horns win or lose same way I do with the Texans. I don't think I am a rude of obvoxious fan at all. Believe me, I see MANY faults with the program. We did not RUN UP THE score with North Texas....shoot...none of our starters even played in the 3rd or 4th quarter. I have NEVER whined or cried about us losing to OU 5 years in row.....they outplayed us and Stoops outcoached Mack Brown. That is just the way it is!
Let me apologize for inferring that ALL UT fans are that way...I didn't mean it like that. While writing that, I was picturing the 40 or 50 morons at BW-3 in Clear Lake who were berating the North Texas guys this year.

While cycling, I have met many a Texas Ex, and other UT alum...who are quite nice. Sorry for the slight.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read