Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-05-2004   #1
NoBullTexan
Veteran

Default Early thoughts on who do we Draft in '05?

Where do we need the most help? Lets see, a big fast slashing RB with above average speed? An instinctive MLB who can flow through the trash and make the tackle? Also to read the QB and get in position for the IT. Another CB to make ready for the departure of Glenn? How about a big, strong C to shore up that interior line? What is your guess?
Old 12-06-2004   #2
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we need a safty to replace colman, but derrik johnson at lb if we can get him, but he will be gone unless we trade up to get him. we can address the center situation through FA. We need to replace colman and forman through the draft. the rest through FA. dl are hard to guess on, easier to pick one in a later round that can fill two gaps. possibly a wr to eventually replace bradford. how does that sound to you?
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004   #3
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

How bout...
1.) Marcus Spears/DE/LSU
2.) Carlos Rogers/CB/Auburn
3a.) Donte Nicholson/FS/OU
3b.) Chris Henry/WR/Virgina
Beastlyman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004   #4
NorthernTexanFan101
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to NorthernTexanFan101

1.kyle Orton/qb/purdue
NorthernTexanFan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004   #5
astrofan
Veteran

NTF-
when do you think we could get Orton?
I like him, but there will be some good QBs late
astrofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004   #6
wiley2002
Veteran

Default Early Presumption

Been a while since I've been on but here goes. My early presumption is that we draft a MLB to replace Foreman. I wish he didn't get hurt because he has shown he can take the reigns. But hopefully getting someone out of the draft will cause something to happen in that position. As far as safety is conserned, there is a multi-year extension on Coleman, which means that he will be with us until he retires I'm sure. On offense, I see us taking a look at RB. Not saying we're going to replace anyone but we may need some depth if we don't see any improvement.
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
I think we need a safty to replace colman
We just dropped a big chunk O' change on Coleman and he is going to be our starting FS for a long time.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2004   #8
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

I think Marcus Spears would be a good choice because he would either 1. Take Walkers place and get us some sort of pass rush, or 2. Make Walker realize his position isnt set in stone and start playing like a pro-bowler again.
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63
I think Marcus Spears would be a good choice because he would either 1. Take Walkers place and get us some sort of pass rush, or 2. Make Walker realize his position isnt set in stone and start playing like a pro-bowler again.
You cant just add a rookie DE in a 3-4 and expect instant pass rush. The reasons teams get a good rush on the QB, is that the team executes together.

I think we need to go ILB, if we do go defense 1st round. I like our CB's, S, DL, and OLB, and Sharper. We need to upgrade Foreman.

If we dont do ILB, I think an offensive player would be the most logical choice. Maybe a RB, or Lineman.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004   #10
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

I dont expect instant pass rush, I expect something more than nothing. If a new player doesnt help with the rush than we are in deeper trouble than we thought. This group has been together all year and its not getting any better.
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read