Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-05-2004   #1
hetero doxy
Rookie

Default QBs available in the draft

i think it's a very good year for QBs. aaron rogers will likely be gone when the texans pick, but if he isn't by some chance then they just have to get him, in my opinion. the guy is bright and he throws overhanded, two big improvements over carr.
hetero doxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004   #2
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Carr didnt have a good game by any stretch of the imagination, but we have much bigger weaknesses than QB.
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004   #3
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 668 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hetero doxy
i think it's a very good year for QBs. aaron rogers will likely be gone when the texans pick, but if he isn't by some chance then they just have to get him, in my opinion. the guy is bright and he throws overhanded, two big improvements over carr.
I'm really glad your name is not Charlie Casserly. Please walk away from the keyboard and get a clue.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hetero Doxy has been a poster on another board for some time and as you can see, he doesn't improve them here. Ignore him.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004   #5
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 35979 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually HD has toned down quite a bit. In his own way he is saying the same thing Vinny has been saying. Neither seems to think that Carr is as great a QB as many posters on this forum think.
I don't think that Vinny has questioned Carrs intelligence or suggested we replace him though.

cac
Old 12-10-2004   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I mostly just comment on Carr on gameday when I watch him play. If I see ugly, I say ugly. Carr's raw numbers are better, but all the QB's numbers in the NFL are better this year with the new rules.

That said, I think it is certain that we don't take a QB high this year. I think Carr is 'good enough' IF we have a better team around him. I think we will have another RB and will have a running game by next year.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004   #7
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

What if DD has strong closing games from here on out...do the Texans go into next year with him as #1 or would they perhaps look at drafting another RB high?
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-10-2004   #8
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That said, I think it is certain that we don't take a QB high this year. I think Carr is 'good enough' IF we have a better team around him. I think we will have another RB and will have a running game by next year.
Amen. Carr is only in his third year. His first year he was running for his life, last year he had the injury bug, and this year we are working with a new offensive line scheme and until the last two games, we haven't had a running game. A better running game would make things easier for Carr and the passing game, especially with the weapons we now have at WR, IMO. By the way, depending on how the season ends Vinny, do you think we trade up for a RB in the first round?
Old 12-10-2004   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we pursue a RB in free agency. If we don't land one I figure we may spend a first day pick (we have 4) on one but I don't think we force the pick if we see another player we project to start and he grades higher in the first or second round. I feel we need a new Buc linebacker, a new TE and a new RB going into next season so it would not surprize me to see all these positions addressed in the draft. DL depth and defensive depth overall will fill in most of the draft blanks.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read