Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-23-2008   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Nigerian-Born American Footballers: Their Impression, Expectation On Nigeria

really didn't know where to put this
Quote:
Amobi Okoye, 21, is a Defensive Tackle for the Houston Texans in the American NFL.

HE said: "I think we Nigerians have a certain character that is peculiar to us. It is in me even though I now live in America. My expectation for my country is that it is going to change for the better and my fellow country men would go along with the change.

When out there in those gears and facing other people from different nations, what is on your mind?

Whenever I get out there on the pitch to face whosoever are my opponents, the first thing that comes to my mind is to dominate whosoever I am facing. Initially, I used to think of my family and that I was going to do my best to please them for the upbringing they gave me. But now, I feel that God gave me that opportunity and the skill to play American Football because He has a mission for me. And the mission is using my little resources to touch the lives of the less-privileged people in my country. If I can train over 50 under-privileged children, that would be my joy.

After American football, what next?

Oh yes, my long desired goal was to be a doctor, a psychopathist! That was my first love and I can tell you that after American Football career, I am going to go back to school, to fulfill my desire, which was to be a children's psychopathist. Right now, I may not have a degree for that field, but I am definitely going to get one to fulfill my aspiration.

Does one need to be huge to play American football?

I used to think along that line (laughs). But that is not the case. All you need to have is a big heart to be able to go out there and tackle those other guys and try to win the ball. That is it! But to be huge is an added advantage in American professional football.

What do you think of Obama? Could he become the next American President?

I think Obama is a nice guy. The young American generation likes him. He is the right choice, as a candidate for the presidential race for the Democrats and so is Hilary Clinton. Any of them that wins the nomination would give the Republican candidate a good fight.
http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/sport...=Nigerian-Born
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008   #2
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nigerian-Born American Footballers: Their Impression, Expectation On Nigeria

psychopathist, lol

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008   #3
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nigerian-Born American Footballers: Their Impression, Expectation On Nigeria

must spread the rep but your ability to find obscure texans related articles always impresses me, wolf
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

wanted to add and I didn't realize this

http://www.jamati.com/online/sports/...-xavier-adibi/

Quote:
Born Xavier Oyekola Adibi, he is the son of Hampton University college professor, Abiodun, and Leanne Adibi. His brother, Nathaniel Adibi, played for the Hokies too as a defensive end. His father played soccer at Oklahoma State, so athleticism is definitely in the genes. To read more about him visit the NFL draft website.
http://www.jamati.com/online/sports/...ch-frank-okam/
Quote:
Franklin Nonyelu Okam is a Nigerian who was a member of the Bednarik Award, Lombardi Award, and the Outland Trophy watch lists in 2007. A three-time All-Big 12 Conference selection, he is a strong run defender who has helped his team, the Longhorns, rank sixth in rush defense and finish third nationally.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/art..._africans.html
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #5
ItsAMarioParty
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ItsAMarioParty could be on the next Madden coverItsAMarioParty could be on the next Madden coverItsAMarioParty could be on the next Madden coverItsAMarioParty could be on the next Madden coverItsAMarioParty could be on the next Madden coverItsAMarioParty could be on the next Madden cover
Exclamation Re: Nigerian-Born American Footballers: Their Impression, Expectation On Nigeria

Two Nigerian badasses next to each other on the d line?

this has some huge naming potential
ItsAMarioParty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #6
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer

So we have:

Amobi Okoye
Adibi
Okam
Chucky (Center)
Gado (Had)

That's a lot of Nigerians on one team! I feel like I'm forgetting one too.
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read