Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-30-2004   #1
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default National Exposure

The Texans Jets game will be the early national broadcast on CBS. We get their #2 crew (Dick Enberg - Dan Dierdorf). Hopefully this pumps the guys up since they will have a chance to gain partial redemption for the GB game. A win over a NY market team is always a good thing.

Last edited by aj.; 11-30-2004 at 07:09 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004   #2
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmm... I live in South Florida. I get to watch the 2-9 Phins.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004   #3
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully they won't stink up The Big Apple like they did when they went on their last road games to Denver & Indy, but I don't know what to think about how they might look Sunday.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004   #4
SESupergenius

In west Texas this the NFC double header week, and the Chargers-Broncos game gets top billing this week. I am please so far in the local coverage of the Texans where there has only been 1 game that hasn't been televised. But this week its a trip down to local pub, geee, darn.
Old 11-30-2004   #5
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Glenn mentioned it on his show this evening on 610 about it being a nationally televised game... they're psyched about it.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004   #6
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

I love Dick Enberg "OH MY!"....this will really give me flash backs to the Oilers. Remember when it was nothing get the national sunday afternoon game with Enberg?

But I was never a fan of Dierdorf...I'm just glad he's not doing MNF anymore.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004   #7
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
In west Texas this the NFC double header week, and the Chargers-Broncos game gets top billing this week. I am please so far in the local coverage of the Texans where there has only been 1 game that hasn't been televised. But this week its a trip down to local pub, geee, darn.

Does that include central Texas (San Marcos)?

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-01-2004   #8
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Wow, I guess McNair and his marketing people did have the right idea when
they went with "Texans" as the teams moniker, 'cause I think its pretty impressive for Houston to beat out an NFL legacy giant like the Broncos(most of the time) for TV coverage way out there in EP. You guys probably have more geographic proximity to Denver than Houston, I know you're in their time zone (RM).
Old 12-01-2004   #9
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Man with that thread title I thought one of our Cheerleaders had pulled a 'Janet Jackson' on accident or something.

San Marcos Texans coverage is KVUE 24, ledzep, I would expect it to be on, but haven't actually checked.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004   #10
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 6809 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

The game will also be in High-Def for all you HDTV owners.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004   #11
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
.. You guys probably have more geographic proximity to Denver than Houston, I know you're in their time zone (RM).
Denver is Mountain Time .. Houston is Central.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle
The game will also be in High-Def for all you HDTV owners.
You know it, a very good thing!
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTexan
Denver is Mountain Time .. Houston is Central.
It's just that RM is my shorthand for Rocky Mountain and that's what I meant
for Mountain time. But you're right of course, can't expect people to know my own personal code. But what I was trying to say is that EP is in Denver's time zone.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read