Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-29-2004   #1
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy
Default Spurrier talks to Hoke

He is looking for a defensive coordinator and Jon Hoke is someone he is looking at:
Quote:
So the next big move appears to be defensive coordinator. Spurrier has talked Marshall assistant Jim Collins, Houston Texans assistant Jon Hoke and outgoing Florida defensive coordinator Charlie Strong about positions on his staff but wouldn't say which ones. All have worked with Spurrier in the past.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...iersstaff.html

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004   #2
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i hope coach hoke stays here to further what he's done with robinson...robinson is right there for defensive rookie of the year and we need coach hoke to stay in to continue his progress
Old 11-30-2004   #3
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Aaron Glenn spoke very highly of Hoke on his show tonight. He says he is very good with the young DBs. I've seen Hoke in action many times at training camp. He's a very vocal and in-your-face kind of guy.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004   #4
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I've only seen Hoke on the "Welcome to the NFL Rookie" program. He appeared to be tougher on DRob than Atlanta's DCoordinator was on DHall. Apparently whatever Hoke has done has worked wonders on DRob. He's done very well this year. I'd love to see him stay, but I'd understand if he went to South Carolina to be Spurrier's DCoordinator.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004   #5
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
I've only seen Hoke on the "Welcome to the NFL Rookie" program. He appeared to be tougher on DRob than Atlanta's DCoordinator was on DHall. Apparently whatever Hoke has done has worked wonders on DRob. He's done very well this year. I'd love to see him stay, but I'd understand if he went to South Carolina to be Spurrier's DCoordinator.

i also think a lot of D-Robs good performance has to do with playing across from one of the best CB in the league. He has learned from one of the best !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004   #6
texansfan88
All Pro

not to mention hoke is the funniest coach of them all
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read