Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-22-2004   #1
Texansbacker
Veteran

Default Sharper to the Pro Bowl?

I thought Jamie Sharper was one of the best interior linebackers and most underrated in the NFL for 2003. Sharper received little credit for his monster year last year and this was probably because the Texans were losing. If I remember correctly, he ended up top 3 in tackles for all AFC inside backers last year, and that was with having to take on a 300# center or guard that most often blew completely over our weak defensive lineman last year.

My questions are:

Will Jamie Sharper, compiling the same stats, if not better, in 2004 as he did in 2003, make the pro bowl this year?

And how do the changes and additions to the Texans D benefit or assist in his chances of going to Hawaii?

Signed,
Jamie Sharper to the Pro Bowl Committee Member
Texansbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004   #2
Pappy Texan
noob

I agree. I thought he had an above average year also. I think his recognition will come as the entire Defense rises as a unit. His "rep" will also get better as his sacks increase.
Pappy Texan
Pappy Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004   #3
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Jamie Sharper and Marcus Coleman were pro bowlers last year. Hopefully this year if we win more and if Jamie continues to play at his level then he will get the respect he deserves from the rest of the NFL.
Old 05-22-2004   #4
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansbacker
If I remember correctly, he ended up top 3 in tackles for all AFC inside backers last year, and that was with having to take on a 300# center or guard that most often blew completely over our weak defensive lineman last year.

2003 NFL Tackle Leaders Actually Sharper had THE MOST TACKLES IN THE ENTIRE NFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alot of people dont know that. You would think Ray Lewis(who he was 3 tackles ahead of) or Urlacher, but nope Jamie tallied the most tacles in the NFL last season. I thought that he was a shoe in for the Pro-Bowl and I was shocked when I didnt see him on the roster. He played extremely well and if he has another season like he did last year, with the additions to our D, not only do I think he can make the Pro-Bowl but he has a chance to be Defensive Player of the Year, if I dare say it(and I do).

I also thought Coleman had a chance to squeez into the Pro-Bowl with his 7 picks.
Old 05-22-2004   #5
LiveForTheGame
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LiveForTheGame

I think y'all hit the nail on the head by saying Coleman and Sharper don't get enough credit because of the Texans having a losing season and probably more so for having a pretty shaky defense.

When we got Sharper from the Ravens after they wont the Super Bowl, there were a lot of people saying it was a great start for our defense because of him being part of that superb linebacking core that is the soul of that defense. I think people have just been blinded and have forgotten about the amount of talent we have. Once we get a little bit better line that can free up our linebackers, Sharper and the others will be able to do some damage and have some solid numbers and games. I believe this upcoming season will be proff of that.
LiveForTheGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004   #6
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

With the addition of Smith and the return of Payne and Walker, I see Sharper having a better year this year than last year.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004   #7
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

This defense will be in the top 10 this season and he will go to the pro bowl.
Old 05-23-2004   #8
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH
This defense will be in the top 10 this season....
That is a really bold prediction.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read