Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-22-2004   #1
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Knowledgable Football Fans Only...

I hope that only fans who understand the game of football will read this. If your a person that goes to the game to be seen, for the tailgating, to wear face paint and say you were there, this isn't for you!!! Reason being, your excuse to last night's loss is the same, "we we're that close!" Sorry to say this, but "BULL!!!" Although Christ Palmer seems to be a O-Coordinator who can draw up "some" nice plays, he also either seems to become numb when having a lead in the second half, or Dom Capers needs to go!! Guess what folks, I'm not going to blame Palmer this time. I have to many family members who have played in the "League", friends who have, and are playing in the "league", and both sets know too much about what happens on the sidelines! O-Coordinators like to score, that's why they are coaches, but HEAD COACHES have the final decision.
Most of you know I am originally from Pittsburgh, PA, and guess what, Dom Capers went through that town! As a disciple of Bill Cowher, both of these guys do the same thing, slow down the second half if they have a lead. Neither fail to realize, if your defense doesn't have the talent to carry your team, score until the lights fall out the scoreboard, especially when you have a future hall of fame QB on the other side of the ball. This philosophy is what go Capers run out of Carolina, failing to win close games and losing the respect of his team. Don't blame David Carr, he just runs the offense after the play is sent in. Don't blame Dominic Davis when every defense in the league knows that Dom will run the ball, to try to kill the clock. Don't blame the o-line who is at the mercy of eight in the box, when Gaff and Johnson could be thrown to for first downs. For all who don't know, this is why they spend countless hours in the filmroom, game planning for "what-ifs"! Well, the what if hit them, and they made the decision to dummy the offense. POINT BLANK! We are in a better situation if we are down by 3-to-7 point heading into the second half, rather than up, letting these coaches kill the "MO"! Not only will the game continue to be exciting, but the players will use their GOD-Given talents. Myself, BullPenAndy, SheTexan, and Joe Texan can do what they did in the second half. AJ gets paid to be a 4.3 speedster, not a 5.9 extra run blocker! Carr gets paid to be a rocket armed QB, not a third string signal caller, who hands off to the running back! If I was the offense, I would revolt! Refuse to play under these circumstances. It's easy to see, we know what works and I'm sure those guys do to. Hopefully, someone will shake up the coaching staff, and give them some sight! Ask the Colts, if your not close enough to win, how can you come back!
Old 11-22-2004   #2
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

we need to get a winner for a coach. i say hire stoops from oklahoma. that guy knows how to win and it is only a matter of time before he'll be in the nfl. the time is now, capers isn't a winner, palmer isn't a winner, sure casserly is a proven winner, but he isn't coaching, just getting us the talent. what we need is a winner, not a loser like capers. sure he's a nice guy, but nice guys don't stay around long in the nfl. you have to be a winner. Stoops now or never.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #3
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i dunno its been seen that most college coachs that go to the NFL never work out, i saw get one of these young fresh adventurious coordinators assistant coaches and give him a shot like atlanta did with jim mora !!!!!!!!
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #4
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

let's see, what about jimmy johnson? the problem with college coaches is that not enough true winner coaches get into the nfl. spurrier was never really a winner. sure he was good, but never like a stoops, switzer, or johnson. those guys are winners. and the fact remains that most if not every nfl coach went through college coaching at some time or another.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #5
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

yeah but they also became either defensive, offensive, special team coordinators before they became head coaches !
Old 11-22-2004   #6
jnhcarrfans
Rookie

we throw in the towel to quick. we need to give it time. it will work out. DD will come back around. It's only his 2nd year. We expected to much from this team. look at the bright side we could be the lions. have you read there board. they want mooch and joey h out of detriot. now!!!! we are not that bad.
jnhcarrfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #7
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

is it not funny to you davis rushed for a 1000 yards last season , so the COACHES decide to change to a new blocking scheme now he is one of the lowest rushing RBs in the NFL ???? Seems like a strange call to me !! Why change what works ?
Sponsored links
Old 11-22-2004   #8
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

even if what you say is true.. coaches need time to grow too.. and Capers has not yet had enough time to show whether or not he is incapable of running the Texans. It is only the third season and we are not yet a solid team. We have buttloads of talent..but that does not make a good team.. when we achieve a bit more balance we will be able to make a better opinion of whether or not it is Capers, or the team.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #9
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

well he couldnt prove it to the panthers, same problem he's having here is a matter of fact maybe 2 more losing seasons and black outs because we cant sell enough tickets will help change yalls minds !
Old 11-22-2004   #10
rhc564
Veteran

Default missing the point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnhcarrfans
we throw in the towel to quick. we need to give it time. it will work out. DD will come back around. It's only his 2nd year. We expected to much from this team. look at the bright side we could be the lions. have you read there board. they want mooch and joey h out of detriot. now!!!! we are not that bad.
The point here has nothing to do with the age of the players or how long
they've played together or how long they've been in the NFL or who they
do or do not know,etc. The point is that the Coaching Staff did not put
the players into a posistion for them to win a "WINNABLE" game.

It's not like the players would have been expected to convert plays
they've never used before--- quite the contrary--- they were not given
the oppurtunity to run those plays because of the risk involve, like a turn-
over. But, and this is important, those plays have been used with success
by these Texans to win previous games....It's 'coaching not to lose.'

Trying to win a game and doing whatever it takes to win that game is
called 'coaching to win.' Three quesses how the Texans are coached
most of the time (especially in winnable games like yesterday)and the first
two guesses don't count...

Charlie Weiss does not have a contract yet for next year.....
rhc564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #11
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Get use to it guys! I don't think Casserly/McNair will fire anyone until they have gone past their original 5-6 yr game plan. They will give Capers that much time to prove what he can do. JMO. We're a THIRD year expansion team! Have patience!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #12
Ediddy73
Veteran

Default reading is fun

I have to admit that I didn't bother to read your your highly informative diatribe. I was too busy laughing my butt off at the gross mispelling of the word knowledgeable. way to come off looking like such the MENSA. If you want to be taken seriously, your best bet is to not use words that infer that only people of your rapier wit and superior intellect should read your post, and with more than a twinge of irony, mispelling a word that by definition disqualifies you from reading your own post. I hate spell Nazis as much as the rest of you, but this was too damn funny to pass up. Way to come off looking "knowledgable" FIRE PITTBULL!!!!! lol, hey chicken little, is that a piece of sky on your windshield?
Old 11-22-2004   #13
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ediddy73
I have to admit that I didn't bother to read your your highly informative diatribe. I was too busy laughing my butt off at the gross mispelling of the word knowledgeable. way to come off looking like such the MENSA. If you want to be taken seriously, your best bet is to not use words that infer that only people of your rapier wit and superior intellect should read your post, and with more than a twinge of irony, mispelling a word that by definition disqualifies you from reading your own post. I hate spell Nazis as much as the rest of you, but this was too damn funny to pass up. Way to come off looking "knowledgable" FIRE PITTBULL!!!!! lol, hey chicken little, is that a piece of sky on your windshield?
yku got A reel priblem if yu r moree consernied wth spellliin thaan thhe tim !!!
He made gooood ponts by the way ! Seems to have more knowledge about the game than you !!!!!! I'll take it you just dont know sh*t about what we're talking about so ya gotta poijnt out a little spelling error !
Old 11-22-2004   #14
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ediddy73
I was too busy laughing my butt off at the gross mispelling of the word knowledgeable. way to come off looking like such the MENSA.
That's not half as impressive as pointing out such an error by following such it with one of your own. That bolded area wouldn't be a non-capitalized sentence fragment, would it?
disaacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #15
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

haha i think you are right it seems we have some uneducated fans on here

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read