Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-07-2007   #1
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Two Worst Stats to Lead the NFL in

and currently held by your Houston Texans:

1. 17 Players on IR

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5360662.html

2. Most turnovers in the entire league

(searching for link for this one)

Just thought I would spread the joy. We have to re-group and try to finish strong but this year has been harsh. I hope we can get most everyone healthy by next year. I have no clue why we can't protect the ball any better. That needs to be fixed by the end of the year regardless.
Old 12-07-2007   #2
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10331 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Two Worst Stats to Lead the NFL in

I'm pretty sure we led the NFL last year too for players on IR. Can anyone verify that?

Anyway, it's a sad commentary for our team to be leading in both those stats and very disappointing. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #3
whiskeyrbl

We did and I think it was 17 on IR last year.
Old 12-07-2007   #4
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

so... does that mean our teams is full of softies? Or does that mean our team just plays with that much steam that their bodies take such a beating. Or do we pick up the worst players in FA. or . . .
Old 12-07-2007   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I said this in another thread.... Maybe we should take a look at our strength and conditioning coach...
Old 12-07-2007   #6
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

The worst stat to lead is in losses......we all know who leads in that column.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #7
austintexanite
All Pro

Old 12-08-2007   #8
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
I was thinking the W-L thingie too.
Old 12-08-2007   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
I disagree with this, at least this year. If you are leading the league in Losses than you have the best chance at McFadden.

The financial ramifications along with more holes to fill in the offseason is devastating and will be hard to overcome. It can be done but we need guys to get healthy, a very smart draft, and solid FA pick-ups.

The turnover thing needs to be corrected immediately, the coaches need to be all over this and we need to see improvement the remainder of the season.

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 12-08-2007 at 05:08 PM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #10
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I said this in another thread.... Maybe we should take a look at our strength and conditioning coach...
I agree. We have come close to leading the league in players put on IR almost every year.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #11
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
I agree. We have come close to leading the league in players put on IR almost every year.

I'll put an "amen" to your "yea."

All teams will have injuries.

All teams will have bad years for injuries.

But when a team consistently loses players to injury, can't get them back on the field, and ends up IR'ing them, it might be time to revisit what you are doing in the offseason.
Old 12-08-2007   #12
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: The Two Worst Stats to Lead the NFL in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
so... does that mean our teams is full of softies? Or does that mean our team just plays with that much steam that their bodies take such a beating. Or do we pick up the worst players in FA. or . . .
No, it means we're a bad team. Chicken and Egg. Bad team-->injuries-->Bad team-->injuries

And at the end of the season, we have about 3 new needs in addition to our 3 previous needs. Say we fill 3, well, we start off the next year a bad team, and...
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #13
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/take-give.htm

I think according to the graph, we have the most turnovers in the NFL. Baltimore is very close....

Damn, we're also 2nd in the league in lost fumbles.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statis...on=2&year=2007

BSPN shows our defense evens out our offensive miscues.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em

Last edited by Texans34Life; 12-08-2007 at 09:10 AM.
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #14
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4103 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ibar??..
Old 12-07-2007   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
and currently held by your Houston Texans:

1. 17 Players on IR

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5360662.html

2. Most turnovers in the entire league

(searching for link for this one)

Just thought I would spread the joy. We have to re-group and try to finish strong but this year has been harsh. I hope we can get most everyone healthy by next year. I have no clue why we can't protect the ball any better. That needs to be fixed by the end of the year regardless.
OT, Round Rock stadium is the best stadium I've been in, besides Reliant. The press box is by far the best I've been in.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read