Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-02-2007   #1
crunkbuc4d1
Rookie

Default Buccaneers @ Texans

Hi Texans fans, I hope our teams can give us one heck of a game next week. How bad is Shaub's injury? I don't know much about your team but I wouldn't mind learning about the talent level on the Texans roster. I'm not sure about the rules here so will someone tell me the rules on posting the link of a fan board from an upcoming opponent?

Last edited by crunkbuc4d1; 12-02-2007 at 08:49 PM.
crunkbuc4d1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #2
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Buccaneers

I'm sure you can post the link to a rival message board.

As for Schaub, he probably won't play against y'all and I would expect that we'll lose to the Bucs.

How's Gaines Adams doing? Has he done anything this year at all?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #3
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
I'm sure you can post the link to a rival message board.

As for Schaub, he probably won't play against y'all and I would expect that we'll lose to the Bucs.

How's Gaines Adams doing? Has he done anything this year at all?
He has 27 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 1 FF, & 2 PD.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #4
crunkbuc4d1
Rookie

Gaines went through a transformation of sorts. When Spires went down he was elevated to starter. The Bucs are 4-0 since he became the starter. As good as he is, he's not the Texans' biggest problem at defensive end. Greg White is a guy Gruden found in the AFL and he leads our team in sacks and forced fumbles. He has 4 sacks and 4 forced fumbles in the last three games. When White and Gaines are on the ends, they are a matchup nightmare.

I write over at The Captains's Deck. We are a nice group of fans that love our Buccaneers. I hope some fans from your board will join us this week and we will return the favor. Maybe we can help each other with some preview articles leading up to the game.

http://thecaptainsdeck.net/

I hope that I can post this link. I'll take it back out if there's a problem.
Old 12-02-2007   #5
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

We are racked by injuries to key players. Schaub is out with a dislocated shoulder, doubtful he will return for your game.. and likely he wont play again this year.

As for talent level.. our defense has talent but not coaching. We arent bad on defense but we arent good either. We have bursts of greatness and long stretches of mediocrity interspersed with mistakes.

On offense we are pretty good with our elite set of WRs and star TE Owen Daniels. Sage Rosenfels has played really well for us so I dont expect the loss of Schaub to be a game breaking thing. Doesnt help us..but we still have plenty of fight left.

Ahman Green is probably not going to be playing.. so at RB we will be starting Ron Dayne again. He has been good the last couple of games.. and he CAN help us to win a game.. but only if we get a lead on you. Dayne isnt gonna win us the game by scoring points.

All in all.. we are fairly mediocre.. injuries may have actually caused us to slip below mediocre to sub-par.

I dont EXPECT a loss..but I dont expect a win either.. I think it could go either way, depending on whether or not my Texans really want to finish at or above .500.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #6
austintexanite
All Pro

I'm interested to see your defense, hear you guys got a good safety. Our defense is young and talented, but inconsistent...injuries have killed this team. Schaub won't play against you guys, and has a shot at coming back against the Jags, but I doubt he will. Rosenfels (backup) has played decent, and it should be a fun game to watch. However, since I live in Austin, I doubt I'll get the game unless they change the Cowboys to a different time.
Old 12-02-2007   #7
crunkbuc4d1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintexanite View Post
I'm interested to see your defense, hear you guys got a good safety.

Which one are you talking about? We have a safety duo that statistically rivals those of every other team in the NFL. If you ask Bucs fans, we'll tell you that they are top 3 in the NFL.
Sponsored links
Old 12-03-2007   #8
creekchub00
Rookie

Phillips and Jackson (Rookie) have each played VERY well this season, I think the play of Ruud and P-Buc plays a role in how the Safeties play....
Jermaine Phillips really came into his own this year, and if this rookie season for Jackson is just a preview of what is to come, our Safeties could be set for years.
Hope to see y'all make it by http://thecaptainsdeck.net
creekchub00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #9
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

McCown looked pretty good yesterday, he's more moble that I thought.
Old 12-03-2007   #10
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekchub00 View Post
Phillips and Jackson (Rookie) have each played VERY well this season, I think the play of Ruud and P-Buc plays a role in how the Safeties play....
Jermaine Phillips really came into his own this year, and if this rookie season for Jackson is just a preview of what is to come, our Safeties could be set for years.
Hope to see y'all make it by http://thecaptainsdeck.net
Hows P-Burnt looking so far?
Old 12-02-2007   #11
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

In my opinion, this is the only game left in the season that I think we have a good shot at winning. I sincerely hope we show up to play.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #12
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
In my opinion, this is the only game left in the season that I think we have a good shot at winning. I sincerely hope we show up to play.
I think we have a shot against the 5-7 Broncos and I don't care how good the Jags are, I think we beat them as well.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #13
crunkbuc4d1
Rookie

P-Buc has played really well for the Bucs this season. I think it's because of the 2 deep zone covrage that's run in Tampa. It could also be because of our pass rush. Whatever it is, he has performed well for our team. I'll admit that there have been a couple times this season where he has been beaten, but that doesn't happen very often. I know he wasn't very good for the Texans, but he's fitting in just fine with the Buccaneers.
Old 12-03-2007   #14
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I think we have a shot against the 5-7 Broncos and I don't care how good the Jags are, I think we beat them as well.
The Broncos? Kubiak's ex-team? There isn't a doubt in my mind that Shanahan will have his way with his ex-OC. Hell, we run a very similar system...just not as well. The Bronco's are better than their record. I would almost say that we are worse. We're 4-8 right now if it hadn't been for Kris Brown heroics against the Dolphins. A Dolphins team who had to thrust in Cleo Lemon as a result of an injury.

As for Jacksonville, they are just a better team than we are. There is no reason to expect different results this next time around. Especially given allof the injuries we have accumulated since that game.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #15
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
The Broncos? Kubiak's ex-team? There isn't a doubt in my mind that Shanahan will have his way with his ex-OC. Hell, we run a very similar system...just not as well. The Bronco's are better than their record. I would almost say that we are worse. We're 4-8 right now if it hadn't been for Kris Brown heroics against the Dolphins. A Dolphins team who had to thrust in Cleo Lemon as a result of an injury.

As for Jacksonville, they are just a better team than we are. There is no reason to expect different results this next time around. Especially given allof the injuries we have accumulated since that game.
And we're 6-6 if Kerry Collins didn't have a Bret Favre personality crisis (or if Drob was 2 inches taller...). Close games happen, its the NFL, generally the better team wins out, and thats probably what happended in both of those examples.
Old 12-04-2007   #16
spent
Buccaneer Freak

Send a message via AIM to spent Send a message via Yahoo to spent

hey everyone...I am also a buccaneer from thecaptainsdeck.net...just wanted to say hi.
spent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #17
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The Broncos' first 3 wins were on last second FGs. A win is a win regardless of how many points it is by.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Bucs fans, I posted this in another thread (unrelated), but it should tell you all you need to know about the Texans:

Quote:
LB Jon Abbate IR
DB Roc Alexander IR
LB Shawn Barber IR
T Kevin Barry IR
SS Glenn Earl IR
DB Brandon Harrison IR
DB Jason Horton IR
C Scott Jackson IR
DT Cedric Killings IR
WR Jerome Mathis IR
C Steve McKinney IR
CB Dunta Robinson IR
DB Jason Simmons IR
RB Chris Taylor IR

Add #15 and #16 to the IR - Weary and White

RB Ahman Green Knee OUT - (probably should be put on IR)
T Charles Spencer PUP - (probably should be put on IR)
QB Matt Schaub OUT indefinitely
(Thats, #17, #18 and possibly #19)

I'd say we are on pace to surpass last years IR list. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we wound up with 17 last year...

Maybe we should take a look at our strenght and conditioning coach
Old 12-03-2007   #19
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Buccaneers @ Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunkbuc4d1 View Post
Hi Texans fans, I hope our teams can give us one heck of a game next week. How bad is Shaub's injury? I don't know much about your team but I wouldn't mind learning about the talent level on the Texans roster. I'm not sure about the rules here so will someone tell me the rules on posting the link of a fan board from an upcoming opponent?
Not much to tell. Your team will be playing mostly our 2nd/3rd stringers because most of our 1st team is on IR or just out with injuries. We'll see if there's much fight left in the dog. I'm hoping they make a game of it.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #20
crunkbuc4d1
Rookie

Default Re: Buccaneers @ Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Not much to tell. Your team will be playing mostly our 2nd/3rd stringers because most of our 1st team is on IR or just out with injuries. We'll see if there's much fight left in the dog. I'm hoping they make a game of it.
You guys will be playing our 2nd and 3rd stringers as well. I know the Texans have more IR players, but the Bucs are really close behind. After today you guys have 16, right? Well we have 12, but I think our overall depth coming into the season was probably better than the Texans.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read