Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-17-2004   #1
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default Its time for Banks to start...

Boy am I going to be attacked on this one, but I do have a very logical reason. For some weeks people have been saying we need more play action and more movement by the QB. I think it's becoming very apparent that David's ankle is a bigger problem than we think. There have been several coaching comments to the effect we are not running play action because of his ankle. I elulded some time ago to the fact that I'm beginning to worry about his ankle. I believe he had similar problems last year. Has it become a chronic problem? Don't get me wrong I'm a Carr fan, but if he can't perform then is he making it harder for the O-line? More importantly has the opposition figured this out and know what they need to do to render him ineffective. Every team is looking for a weakness and they will exploit it as much as they can. May be we need to pull Carr and see if he can heal up. He was suppose to have the bye week to do so, but it seems like that didn't happen. That's another reason I think it's a bigger problem than we think. I hope you will take this as an honest point of discussion.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not sure that is the problem.. He had the same injury against the jaguars and we beat a good team. For some reason when the "P" word was starting to be mentioned teams around the league took notice and played us.. We on the other hand haven't showed up the last 2 weeks.. OL not blocking and defense not getting turnovers. We mentioned the "P" word and seem not to raise our play to the "P" standard...

I wish we could do the playaction, but it really doesn't do us any good, when our starting RB is averaging close to if not less than 3 yards a carry. we just aren't fooling anyone. i don't think his goal of 1500 yards or so is going to be reached this seasons.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004   #3
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Is it possible that teams have not spent as much time gamepalnning against the Texans in the past. Now that the Texans are starting to show a little more success more teams are paying attention. In turn, the coaches should be making better adjustments to counteract the gameplanning of the opposition.
Old 11-17-2004   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Unless he is hurt you don't bench David Carr. Period.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004   #5
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

thanks ibar. what a way to start out the day, with a perfectly good joke that ending in hysterical laughter.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004   #6
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

I thought he filled in well and did a good job the first few times he was called in to sub for David, but his last two outings were scary. The rust must be building up.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004   #7
redlion
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
thanks ibar. what a way to start out the day, with a perfectly good joke that ending in hysterical laughter.
really.

I think it's just like everyone said the other teams now take the texans seriously and prepare better. Texans don't seem to be planning just as good. I got a feeling sunday night against the pack, we are gonna see a better texans team. [crosses fingers]
redlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-17-2004   #8
LiveForTheGame
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LiveForTheGame

Ibar, I understand your concern about Carr's health, and I completely agree with you on the fact that if he can't go without risk of furthering the injury then they MAYBE should think about Banks. However, I think his ankle is fine. It's probably a little tight and stiff with some soreness, but I don't think he is trully injured. If I'm not mistaken, he took off for a run or two to pick up some yards which shows he is moving fine or at least good enough. Maybe Palmer meant they weren't calling as many sprint-out passes because of his ankle, but I too feel that the bad...no horrible running game is the reason for less play action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Unless he is hurt you don't bench David Carr. Period.
Even if he was playing on crutches...I'd rather have him back there than Banks.
LiveForTheGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004   #9
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe we could trade a draft pick and get Demingo Graham back. I saw Jimmy Herndon washing cars down at Bubbles last weekend, maybe we can get him back too. It's time for a shakeup. Ryan Young's knee is feeling better I think. Maybe he could help us down the stretch run.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read