Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-15-2004   #1
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl
Default Voice Of The Fan Quotes

I guess i was as angry as the rest of you knowing our team have been embarrassed twice in 2 weeks....But when i read the latest post on voice of the fan it really brought me back to my prospective.... he said :

Quote:
Remember, it’s easy to be a “die-hard” fan when everything is going well, but the team needs us now more than ever. Don’t forget that some of the best fans are made during the worst of times.
Guess i never realized how true that was....So this is a new week and i'm not going to dwell on my own negative comments anymore and say " I HOPE WE KICK SOME PACKERS A** THIS WEEK" If we're this upset, can you imagine how upset the Texans are??? TEXANS, i still love you guys!!!!!!!!

Last edited by shinerbock_girl; 11-15-2004 at 03:20 PM.
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #2
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default upset!

If you didn't hear the comments from G-Funk, he thinks this team has lost its' heart and to see Johnson's reaction at the two-minute mark, it mirror's G-Funk! But as for the remainder of the team, we'll have to wait and see. But I don't think anyone takes the games as hard as the fans! Why? Most of us would play the game for free! It's easy to feel better going to the spa to heal up.................cost $2000
Old 11-15-2004   #3
Panther5407
All Pro

What Johnson do? I left the room right before it happened and never saw
Old 11-15-2004   #4
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

FYI .. For those that don't know him .. Voice of the Fan is written each week by our own ' aj ' on the message board. You can always count on him for interesting and precise information. He's the numbers guy around here and has been a wealth of sports knowledge over the years.
When aj speaks, you should listen ... well except for those times when he is hamming it up.. .. lol
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #5
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

what did aj do? and where do i read voice of a fan?
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #6
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth
what did aj do? and where do i read voice of a fan?
AJ just threw his helmet to the wall from the bench...

Voice of the Fan
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ne...php?PRKey=1282

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #7
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbull
If you didn't hear the comments from G-Funk, he thinks this team has lost its' heart and to see Johnson's reaction at the two-minute mark, it mirror's G-Funk! But as for the remainder of the team, we'll have to wait and see. But I don't think anyone takes the games as hard as the fans! Why? Most of us would play the game for free! It's easy to feel better going to the spa to heal up.................cost $2000

g-funk might want to look into the mirror. hes not exactly playing the best football of his career.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-16-2004   #8
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default johnson's approach!

Fiddy, I don't think johnson throwing his helmet is "just" something he did. I think he, the most quiet guy in the locker room and off the field, was making a blanket statement. By refusing to go on the field after he did so, this guy was saying, I'm tired of what I see going on. The playcalling, the execution, the approach, the attitude on the field and maybe in the locker room. Remember, this is a guy that let's his play do the talking, and is not used to loosing, coming from one of the most dominate collegiate teams ever, over a 4 year period. This team desperately needs some emotional leaders, and maybe his antics will spark some. Whenever you see a less emotional guy get emotional, good things can happen!
Old 11-16-2004   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

This is kind of why I didn't get on the board until today. I was so mad and upset at how this team just plain quit and never really executed. I didn't want to say anything that I knew I didn't really feel. It was just that this team looked very uncharacteristic in giving up. Up to this point we always seemed to at the very least give other teams a run for their money and to see us not even compete for the past two weeks has been hard.

But I also have been a loyal fan long enough in the past to know that we are only still 2 games behind in the division and anything can still happen. We just gotta put this behind us and get back to making plays.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #10
Doug
All Pro

Quote:
Fiddy, I don't think johnson throwing his helmet is "just" something he did. I think he, the most quiet guy in the locker room and off the field, was making a blanket statement. By refusing to go on the field after he did so, this guy was saying, I'm tired of what I see going on. The playcalling, the execution, the approach, the attitude on the field and maybe in the locker room. Remember, this is a guy that let's his play do the talking, and is not used to loosing, coming from one of the most dominate collegiate teams ever, over a 4 year period. This team desperately needs some emotional leaders, and maybe his antics will spark some. Whenever you see a less emotional guy get emotional, good things can happen!
Not just another player but maybe even a coach!?
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #11
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

If you only say positive things about the team it doesn't make you more of a fan than someone who says some negative things from time to time. I don't know where that idea comes from but it simply is not true. Speak the truth and be passionate about it!
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #12
kuno
Rookie

Quote:

I think you are right, but what you have to hope is that Johnson is not just being a crybaby. Lord knows there are enough receivers in this league who get mad and wont go back in games because they feel like they are not getting all the attention they deserve. Not saying that is the case here, but a receiver like this can actually hurt a team more than help it.
kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #13
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuno
I think you are right, but what you have to hope is that Johnson is not just being a crybaby. Lord knows there are enough receivers in this league who get mad and wont go back in games because they feel like they are not getting all the attention they deserve. Not saying that is the case here, but a receiver like this can actually hurt a team more than help it.
I wouldnt worry about that with AJ...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read