Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2004   #1
profan
Veteran

Default It's Time to Get Mad Coach!

I'm not jumping off the Texan Bandwagon, and will be there to support out team against the Packers. But Coach Caper's, it's time to get mad and chew some ars. I'm getting tired of seeing your emotionless face with an open mouth every time the camera is on you during these past two blowouts. You need to get the attention of these athletes and wake them up, let them realize this will not be tolerated. I remember years ago seeing Jimmy Johnson just ripping his linemen up and down over a lousy first quarter, the result was improved play and a win. I've seen numerous other NFL coaches have these little meetings during the game to install a spark, but have yet to see you do this with the Texans.
Please do not allow this to happen next week against the Packers or the fans at the loudest stadium in the NFL will let you and the players know how they feel. I don't want to hear you comment tomorrow on how the players did not give up. The offensive line never showed up, they gave up before the game started. There's no way to sugar coat this loss. Get pssed and don't let the players have their day off, they don't deserve it. You need all the practive you can get right now.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #2
William
Rookie

I agree 100% with you. Capers needs to wake up over there on the sideline he just looks dumbfounded over there when ever things are going sour.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #3
texansfan88
All Pro

dude call 713-572-7767 tommorow during the dom capers show...i know its easy to say it over the comp. but say it to him directly and see what he has to say
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #4
Txnpride
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
dude call 713-572-7767 tommorow during the dom capers show...i know its easy to say it over the comp. but say it to him directly and see what he has to say
What time does thje show start?I will call just to see what he has to say....there is no excuse for this showing today...none.After what they did last week against denver....you would think they would come in fired up!Offense line deserves an F with a few letters added on to the end.Unbelievable in the the only word I can think of.Very pathetic
Txnpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #5
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Capers will get hammered tomorrow and he deserves it (starts at 5:00 p.m.). Not so much for his mannerisms on the sideline but more for his team being totally unprepared two weeks in a row. The last thing I want to hear is some fool telling him he needs to close his mouth and jump up and down on the sideline - as if that would change anything.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #6
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

He reminded me of Jack Pardee in Buffalo.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #7
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
.. The last thing I want to hear is some fool telling him he needs to close his mouth and jump up and down on the sideline - as if that would change anything.
Can't hurt! ..
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-15-2004   #8
profan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
Dude, my job and location prevent me from calling into the Dom Capers Show. That's why I posted my concerns here. and for AJ, no I don't want to see a coach jumping up and down on the sideline, don't believe I ever posted that. I do want to see a coach trying to light a fire under his players when they are underachieving. I do not believe that qualifies me as a fool.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #9
rhc564
Veteran

Default Scary Thought

After the Denver game, Capers lamented that the team had taken a step
back in the Bronco game and was going to have to re-group and re-
focus for the Colts. So, what does he deliver?...the worst defeat in Texans
history!!! Is it the message or is it the messenger? Somewhere or some-
how what is being said by the Coach is not getting translated onto the
field. Poor coaching, including game planning? Lack of player effort? What
we all saw Sunday is not a mirage that is suddenly going to go away with
easy excuses like (1) we're still an expansion team or (2) we're just in our
third year or (3) every team has a bad game once in a while---this game
is an ugly reminder of something else...where is the heart?where is the
desire?where is the passion?...it's not just about losing that counts, it's
about how you lose...and it starts with showing up to play! Did the Texans
show up Sunday? If not, why? If so, it's going to be a long second half...
rhc564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #10
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree that Capers need to get fired up once in a while, for the fact that the players feed of off thier coaches demeanor and reactions.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #11
kuno
Rookie

Capers has never been a vocal coach. I remember him being very passive on the Panthers sidelines too. I think he is more of a finesse guy than a "Gruden" guy. He always seems to be analyzing a situation instead of getting mad about it.
kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #12
Texan Gal 312
Veteran

I mean after all Gruden is having an outstanding year ! I think he had an outstanding year last year also.
Texan Gal 312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #13
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuno
Capers has never been a vocal coach. I remember him being very passive on the Panthers sidelines too. I think he is more of a finesse guy than a "Gruden" guy. He always seems to be analyzing a situation instead of getting mad about it.
Can you see that Gruden sneer or Cower scowl on Capers?!?!? Yeah, I can't either.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004   #14
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Capers has been outcoached in a big way two weeks running.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #15
kuno
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
Can you see that Gruden sneer or Cower scowl on Capers?!?!? Yeah, I can't either.
No way, it would look like my high school biology teacher getting all "hulked" out. I just cant see it happening.
kuno is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read