Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 09-30-2007   #1
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Cowgirls are 4-0

If you're like myself and were a Houston Oiler's fan before you became a Texans fan then the bane of your existence is a group of ladies on the north end of 45 called the Dallas Cowgirls. The Cowgirls somehow hypnotized son of legendary Oiler Coach Bum Phillips (Wade Phillips) to coach their girls this season and thus far they're 4-0. I would rather feast on a gumbo bowl full of my own rancid vomit before watching the Cowgirls become the first team to win 6 superbowls.
Today the girls beat the winless Rams. With the exception of the Bears (whom I STILL say underestimated them) have the Cowgirls played ANYONE of substance this season? Your thoughts.
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #2
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 81572 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Cowgirls are 4-0

This isn't the correct place for this thread but the Cowboys are my favorite NFC team. I always support Texas teams no matter what.

See you in the NFL section of the board.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
This isn't the correct place for this thread but the Cowboys are my favorite NFC team.
This 'IS' the correct forum for this thread.... Smack about the Cowgurls should be in the Rivalry forum..

Thanks for posting DH......

Two favorite teams baby.... Texans (duh!) AND whoever is playing the Crackboys
Old 10-01-2007   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm completely happy. Sorry. Grew up in Ft. Worth, as most of you know, and was there through college so the Boys have been my team. Moved here in 93 and since the Texans have been here I have tried to split time. I'm much more comfortible rooting for the Texans now because DC is gone. Plus I spend way too much time on this board and never on a Cowboys board. There are just two things I will never get 1) How "cowgirls" is even funny in the least 2) the hatred of the Cowboys down here. As much as people would like to think it, people in the Metroplex don't really care this much about Houston and there are actually a large part of the population that grew up cheering for the Oilers and Earl. In fact many people cheered for Houston teams if they weren't playing Dallas teams.
Old 10-01-2007   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Frog, I really don't care if people in the Metroplex care one way or the other about Houston. But that has absolutely NOTHING to do with my hatred for Dallas. I have always, and always will hate Dallas. (Notice that I only say Dallas, I do NOT include Fort Worth or Arlington - as cities).

Cowgurls has been a nickname for years. Is it funnier or less funny than call the Colts, the Dolts? or Titans, Tinnbreds? Jaguars, Jag-offs? Eagles, Iggles??
Who knows, but thats the way its always been..
Old 10-01-2007   #6
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Frog, I really don't care if people in the Metroplex care one way or the other about Houston. But that has absolutely NOTHING to do with my hatred for Dallas. I have always, and always will hate Dallas. (Notice that I only say Dallas, I do NOT include Fort Worth or Arlington - as cities).

Cowgurls has been a nickname for years. Is it funnier or less funny than call the Colts, the Dolts? or Titans, Tinnbreds? Jaguars, Jag-offs? Eagles, Iggles??
Who knows, but thats the way its always been..
Cool by me. I'm just stating my perspective. I know it is out there. I have seen it. OK by me. Just wondering TB

Jag-offs is pretty funny.
Old 10-01-2007   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
This 'IS' the correct forum for this thread.... Smack about the Cowgurls should be in the Rivalry forum..
16:07, 30th Sep 2007 TEXANS84 Thread moved with redirect to 'Rivalry Talk'.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-18-2007   #8
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Texan_Bill;749644]This 'IS' the correct forum for this thread.... Smack about the Cowgurls should be in the Rivalry forum..

Thanks for posting DH......

Two favorite teams baby.... Texans (duh!) AND whoever is playing the Crackboys[/QUOTE

(bowing) Thank you...my liege.
Old 09-30-2007   #9
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head-001 View Post
If you're like myself and were a Houston Oiler's fan before you became a Texans fan then the bane of your existence is a group of ladies on the north end of 45 called the Dallas Cowgirls. The Cowgirls somehow hypnotized son of legendary Oiler Coach Bum Phillips (Wade Phillips) to coach their girls this season and thus far they're 4-0. I would rather feast on a gumbo bowl full of my own rancid vomit before watching the Cowgirls become the first team to win 6 superbowls.
Today the girls beat the winless Rams. With the exception of the Bears (whom I STILL say underestimated them) have the Cowgirls played ANYONE of substance this season? Your thoughts.
I just started a thread on the Cowboys myself, and I totally agree with you. I don't think they have played anybody yet, but we just lost to the Falcons so I don't have too much room to talk. We'll see what they have when they play the Pats. I'm guessing the Pats lay a good ole fashion butt whooping on them.
Old 09-30-2007   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

yes, they've played teams of substance, including 4 NFL teams. the NFL is such a league of parity that you get full credit for beating anyone. they've looked extremely impressive in every win and Tony Romo is a top 3 QB in the NFC, easily.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #11
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 81572 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
BTW, how exactly are the Cowboys the "bane of existence" for former Oilers fans? Christ, the Oilers rarely played the Cowboys. The Steelers, Bills, Chiefs I can understand being rivals. But I've never grasped how the Cowboys are the Texans/Oilers great rivalry. Is it because the Cowboys have rings or is it on a "best city in Texas" rivalry?

Either way the Cowboys are looking good and have a good shot to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.
Old 09-30-2007   #12
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
With the exception of the Bears (whom I STILL say underestimated them) have the Cowgirls played ANYONE of substance this season? Your thoughts.
The cowboys are a great football team..point, blank, period.....they've man handled everyone thus far...Romo is the truth.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #13
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
The cowboys are a great football team..point, blank, period.....they've man handled everyone thus far...Romo is the truth.
Manhandled the rams...woo hoo. What a powerhouse team. Romo is "the truth?" What she learned how to handle a snap without bobbling it? I still have the video of her crying at the end of last season when she blew that game for them. The girls haven't faced a real opponet yet.
Old 09-30-2007   #14
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Quote:
Manhandled the rams...woo hoo. What a powerhouse team. Romo is "the truth?" What she learned how to handle a snap without bobbling it? I still have the video of her crying at the end of last season when she blew that game for them. The girls haven't faced a real opponet yet.
The Cowboys killed the Rams who got beat by the Panthers who we beat. Dude, the Cowboys are 4-0, we're 2-2.

A Cowboys fan could say that "her" crying at the end of the game in the post season is a lot better than where we finished.
Old 10-01-2007   #15
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
I saw Tony do an interview this past summer and he said he had absolutely put the botched snap in the past and he was ready to have a great year.

Looks like he meant it. He's been great so far and the D has finally stepped it up.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #16
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got to give the Cowboys some credit. They look good. They are probably going to the Super Bowl, they just look like the best team in the NFC. Their offense is as good as the Colts offense.

What would be wrong with a all Texas Super Bowl? I know the Texans are a couple of pieces away but I can dream. That would be good for the whole State of Texas.

I told myself at the beginning of the year I wouldn't hate on the Cowboys as much as I have recently. I think it's more of hating on some of the obnoxious fans but I haven't ran into any lately. So I'm okay with the Cowboys.

Cowboys fans(not traditonal bandwagoners,thats the ones I despise) can be proud, you have a good football team and Wade is doing a great job. It's funny seeing Son of Bum as the Dallas Head Coach.

Besides there are teams outside of Texas to hate more, see the State of Tennessee.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!

Last edited by Brando; 10-01-2007 at 01:34 PM.
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #17
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
I've got to give the Cowboys some credit. They look good. They are probably going to the Super Bowl, they just look like the best team in the NFC. Their offense is as good as the Colts offense.

What would be wrong with a all Texas Super Bowl? I know the Texans are a couple of pieces away but I can dream. That would be good for the whole State of Texas.

I told myself at the beginning of the year I wouldn't hate on the Cowboys as much as I have recently. I think it's more of hating on some of the obnoxious fans but I haven't ran into any lately. So I'm okay with the Cowboys.

Cowboys fans(not traditonal bandwagoners,thats the ones I despise) can be proud, you have a good football team and Wade is doing a great job. It's funny seeing Son of Bum as the Dallas Head Coach.

Besides there are teams outside of Texas to hate more, see the State of Tennessee.
I agree with all of this.

Some of our fans must be delusional to hate a team we will hardly ever play more than divison rivals like Tennessee or Jacksonville.

I really think that some posters on this board would rather the Texans go 1-15 (in a season the we play Dallas) as long as we beat the Cowboys, than see the Cowboys in the Super Bowl.

What did Tony Romo ever do to us that makes some people hate him so much?

He's a class act & a great story.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #18
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
BTW, how exactly are the Cowboys the "bane of existence" for former Oilers fans? Christ, the Oilers rarely played the Cowboys. The Steelers, Bills, Chiefs I can understand being rivals. But I've never grasped how the Cowboys are the Texans/Oilers great rivalry. Is it because the Cowboys have rings or is it on a "best city in Texas" rivalry?

Either way the Cowboys are looking good and have a good shot to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.
Because in the 70's Cowboys fans didn't know how to be magnanimus in victory to ANYBODY hence your team beating them gave you the distinct priviledge of being in the presence of a SILENT Cowboy fan.
Also in the 90's the players were as obnoxious as the fans were and telling them to "shut the #uck up" became a full time job. Also it's a bit early in the season to start making Superbowl predictions. Just ask the Saints and Chargers.
Old 09-30-2007   #19
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 28431 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just back from Dallas and am still bouncing off the walls. True, St. Louis isn't a good team so far, but on any given Sunday, any team can get their butts kicked. That bad snap that Romo turned into a first down was absolutely awesome. Patrick Crayton earned avitar space. The atmosphere was electric and Romo IMHO, is the Truth! I think now is the time to talk about earned money and the anointing oil.

Saturday was also great given that for the first time in recent memory Prairie View gave Grambling a heck of a scare, both bands were worthy of a standing ovation, and I ate like a pig at the fair.

Come on Texans, we need both our teams to represent the great Texan talent and domination.

Last edited by StarStruck; 10-01-2007 at 12:07 AM.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #20
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

If there is a silver lining to the Texans losing yesterday, and the 'girls winning, to go to an impressive 4-0, it is that the Browns won as well and are foiling Jerry's draft day gamble on trading the Brady Quinn pick.

Romo is looking like a very good qb, but then again, he looked very good early in his starts last season too, and we know how he tapered off at the end of the season.

Go Texans!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read