Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2007   #1
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Schaub replacement nameplates

For those who might actually be interested, I just dropped off to Carr jerseys at my local monogram shop. These are the sewn jerseys and the shop has assured me that they can replace the nameplates with new Schaub nameplates thus saving me the expense of having to replace the entire jersey.

Estimated time to get them back is about two weeks which, considering how insignificant the work really is in the big scheme of things, didn't seem that bad to me.

Once I get them back, I'll try to post some pics of how they turned out.

Also, if anyone wants to use these folks without waiting to see how the guinea pigs turn out, their contact information is as follows:

Nafco Monogramming
337-855-8353
177 Hwy 171 N
Lake Charles, LA 70611
Old 09-21-2007   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub replacement nameplates

Interesting. What is the cost? Did you have to supply the nameplate?
Old 09-21-2007   #3
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

She's building the nameplates from scratch with twill lettering and dazzle fabric. Turnaround time may be shorter if another shop here in town has some of the dazzle in stock - two weeks if they don't have it and she has to order it.

Cost should be about $20-25 to modify each jersey. Basically I'll take two Carr jerseys and turn them into two Schaub jerseys for less than the cost of one new Schaub.

Yeah, I'm cheap like that...

Last edited by drewmar74; 09-21-2007 at 02:53 PM.
drewmar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #4
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was excited when I read your post until I saw that the place you were referring to was in Lake Charles, haha. It is good to know that some places offer that service, though.

Anyone know of one in Houston?
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #5
drewmar74
disgruntled

Yeah, I know. I figured it won't help too many of y'all unless you are willing to ship the jersey over and let them ship it back to you. Which, in the big scheme of things, would only add about 5-10 bucks and 2-4 days to the whole process.

If nothing else, there is at least one option.
Old 09-21-2007   #6
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Yeah, I know. I figured it won't help too many of y'all unless you are willing to ship the jersey over and let them ship it back to you. Which, in the big scheme of things, would only add about 5-10 bucks and 2-4 days to the whole process.

If nothing else, there is at least one option.
Hmmm, that is an interesting thought. I don't think I will be wearing my authentic Carr jersey for some time, so I may as well ship it off.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read