Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-07-2004   #1
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Lot Of Upgrades Needed!!

i'm as glad as the next guy that i can finaly watch a game and know we got a excellent shot of winning, but there are still tons of holes in the texans that have to be fixed before we make it to the playoffs.
1. ERic browns gotta go, put glenn in and see how he does the rest of the year.
2. D-line played pretty good today but we still desperatly need someone like marcus spears or the NT from oregon.
3. Jay foreman is not a playmaker, he only had two tackles last game and didn't do anything this game. Either move wong, and start babin and peak or draft a middle linbacker like ahmad brooks or someone in the second round.
4. STEVE mckinney is a average center at best, definatly time to look for someone to groom behind him.
5. tight end! millers not a good enough blocker to get on the field and bruener isn't a big enough threat in the passing game. Really looking forward to bennie joppru getting in there.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004   #2
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i agree with them all except for the Foreman one,,,i think since our D line has been playing better it has limited his play ! He is still a good player and he will stay just a bad game i mean we dont want all of our LBs and secondary making all the tackles do we ?
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004   #3
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123
5. tight end! millers not a good enough blocker to get on the field and bruener isn't a big enough threat in the passing game. Really looking forward to bennie joppru getting in there.
Kinda hard to judge that since they never get a pass thrown in their direction
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004   #4
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

While your in the upgrade mode you might think about coaching upgrades. When everything breaks down all at once, you kind of have to look to the game plan. There was a preparation problem somewhere. About 3 minutes out of 60 was the real story of this game. The rest of the time we held our own despite how badly we played.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004   #5
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the biggest upgrade needed is the Dline. success starts at the line.. and we need more there. We need a stud on the line basicly. That will improve our run defense.. and improve our pass rush, which will improve our secondary.

I think Earl will make a good SS.. I think Coleman will end up moving back to CB eventually.. and im hoping that Mcree will step up and take his place.

That would leave our defense looking like this.

Robinson, CB
Coleman, CB
Mcree, FS
Earl, SS
Sharper, ILB
Foreman, ILB
Wong, OLB
Babin, OLB
Smith, DE

then we need a stud DT.. and another DE. I love Payne and Walker.. but both are getting up there in years and though I think Payne rocks.. Walker looks like he is feeling his age.

On offense.. I think we are good. We will eventually need another TE.. a big blocking one. Personally id love for us to get an Antonio Gates.. big enough to block.. but a true playmaker in the red zone. Dunno if Joppru will be that for us or not.. hopefully.

Our RB situation is fine.. DD will come around, or Hollings will. If anything we could use a big back for short yardage, and possibly to groom for the future.

We COULD use some help on the line.. but not that much.. we can probably peice it together through free agency. We will need a Center eventually.. you want your center to be steady.. not someone you pick up out of FA.. he has to mesh with your QB and the rest of your line.. so maybe pick up a center in the draft? other than that. the left side of our line is fine.. the right side is good, but older.. we can probably keep it going through FA though.

WR we are great at.

And I think we are good at coaching too . I wouldnt have said that at the beggining of the year.. but Palmer has started to make a beleiver out of me.. and the aggressive D we have been seeing is great.

SO!. just to recap.

DT
DE
Coleman to CB
McRee to FS
Earl to SS
Center
Big TE
Right side of the Oline

thats my 2 cents
big RB
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004   #6
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

How many times did Carr get sacked?
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004   #7
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I am with upgrading the OL even more. I sure hope we find a big tough center to help the running game up the middle. We don't seem to pull much so why not go big? Defensively. I think Drob is great, but We sure could use that Roll kid out of Miami on the opposite side. Put Genn at NB/backup FS. Glenn has lost half a step. Joppru has yet to play so I am not saying anything about the TE position. SS needs to be solidified though. Eric Brown can't cover. I think they shoul try and let Glenn Earl in the game more.
Old 11-08-2004   #8
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsbch
How many times did Carr get sacked?
NFL.com shows he was sacked 4 times, but it seemed to be alot more than that. Terrible performance by the OLine.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read