Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2007   #1
buffalo2006
Rookie

Default First Game

Me and my brother have finally got the chance to be able to go to one of the Texans games. We are sitting in the Bull Pen and were wondering if ya'll had any ideas of where the best place to park is and if we could tailgate with anyone?
Old 08-28-2007   #2
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: First Game

Buy a Platinum, Yellow, Orange, or (booooo) Blue pass.

Then let us know which color you have and we'll hook you up.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #3
Texan_Lee
Lost for now...

Rep Power: 18 Texan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to Texan_Lee Send a message via MSN to Texan_Lee
Default Re: First Game

Buffalo, congrats! Be ready for an experience unlike any other!

A majority of us on this board do sit in the Bull Pen, and we tailgate in the Platinum lot... not all of us, but a decent amount of us are.

Where are your seats in the Bull Pen?

I am going to assume this is the first time you will be in the Bull Pen, so please allow me to share a few rules while sitting there...

#1 - a majority of us NEVER sit down during the game... some will, but those are usually the one's that are too old, too tired, or just don't know about this rule...

#2 - Be prepared to yell for the Texans. As tradition, when the players are arriving on the field, the announcer will say where the player is from and his first name, and it is our job as the fans to yell out the player's last name (* Example... Announcer - from such-n-such college, Matt...", and we - the crowd - will yell "Shaub"

#3 - Never EVER!!! No matter how much he begs, NEVER EVER feed the Joe Texan...

#4 - When the opposing team scores, we turn our backs to the field (as a sign of disrespect for the opposing team scoring). We will stay that way until the extra kick is made or the next play is lined up.

#5 - Stay at your seats (or move down to see better) as the Texans are leaving the field at the end of the game. We will not leave until after the last player has left the field.

#6 - No matter what, always have a great time!

#7 - Be sure to say hi to Grandma when you pass her by...

I think that's all of them...
Go Texans!!! Go Bull Pen!!!
Section 116 - Row D

Last edited by Texan_Lee; 08-28-2007 at 05:19 PM.
Texan_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #4
bigfan77801
Plebian

Rep Power: 375 bigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respected

So, what happens if you feed the Joe Texan?
Old 08-29-2007   #5
buffalo2006
Rookie

Thanks for the info Texan_Lee we are really looking foward towards this.
If we park in a different parking lot than ya'll, can we just walk over and hang out with ya'll?
Old 08-29-2007   #6
buffalo2006
Rookie

Oh we are in 117 Row E.
Old 08-30-2007   #7
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: First Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalo2006 View Post
Thanks for the info Texan_Lee we are really looking foward towards this.
If we park in a different parking lot than ya'll, can we just walk over and hang out with ya'll?
Yes. Many of the people who post on here tailgate in the Platinum lot ("Blue Crew"), NW corner of the lot (by Kirby and Westridge).

Feel free to come by, we always have plenty of food, just bring beer and water (water is harder to come by than beer).
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-30-2007   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Lee View Post
Buffalo, congrats! Be ready for an experience unlike any other!

A majority of us on this board do sit in the Bull Pen, and we tailgate in the Platinum lot... not all of us, but a decent amount of us are.

Where are your seats in the Bull Pen?

I am going to assume this is the first time you will be in the Bull Pen, so please allow me to share a few rules while sitting there...

#1 - a majority of us NEVER sit down during the game... some will, but those are usually the one's that are too old, too tired, or just don't know about this rule...

#2 - Be prepared to yell for the Texans. As tradition, when the players are arriving on the field, the announcer will say where the player is from and his first name, and it is our job as the fans to yell out the player's last name (* Example... Announcer - from such-n-such college, Matt...", and we - the crowd - will yell "Shaub"

#3 - Never EVER!!! No matter how much he begs, NEVER EVER feed the Joe Texan...

#4 - When the opposing team scores, we turn our backs to the field (as a sign of disrespect for the opposing team scoring). We will stay that way until the extra kick is made or the next play is lined up.

#5 - Stay at your seats (or move down to see better) as the Texans are leaving the field at the end of the game. We will not leave until after the last player has left the field.

#6 - No matter what, always have a great time!

#7 - Be sure to say hi to Grandma when you pass her by...

I think that's all of them...

I especially like #7!! I'm pretty much a "crip" for a few more weeks so I won't be wandering around the Bullpen like I usually do. Nothing I enjoy more than meeting TEXAN fans! SOOOO, come on by. I'll either be on row C, (section 116) on the end across from section 117, or on row N in section 116. Most of all, do #6!! Have a great time!!!!

BTW: You have great seats.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007   #9
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

AHHHHR I am Hungry Need food AHHHHHRRRRR!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read