Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-11-2007   #1
whiskeyrbl

Default Working with NON-Texan fans

Yesterday started out brutal. My General Foreman (Cowgirl Fan) walked up and sarcastically asked who won the Dallas game. After about 8 guys in my crew starting gloating over the astounding victory over the Super Bowl Champs, he then said if you want a good laugh the Texans played Saturday. Well it was on then. I told them how impessively they handled the 2,3,and 4th stringers and they ought to be proud.Then I was made aware of a "Stupid Draft" move we made last year for someone nobody had ever heard of. Now who's stupid? After about 30 minutes of Texan bashing, I started laying down some facts alot from what I have read here.By the end of the conversation they were all saying that they agree the Texans will be better than years past. I'm not sure if it was the things I pointed out, or when I asked when was the last time they made the playoffs( which by the way I answered for them) that changed their tone. Either way Dallas fans still suck like their team.
Old 08-11-2007   #2
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Working with NON-Texan fans

Were they really braggin about a pre-season game

Next time let them brag about a pre-season game. If we go 0-4 in preaseason let them get on you about that. When people brag about preseason I say two words "It's Pre-season."

The Raiders went 4-0 in pre-season last year...
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007   #3
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
Yesterday started out brutal. My General Foreman (Cowgirl Fan) walked up and sarcastically asked who won the Dallas game. After about 8 guys in my crew starting gloating over the astounding victory over the Super Bowl Champs, he then said if you want a good laugh the Texans played Saturday. Well it was on then. I told them how impessively they handled the 2,3,and 4th stringers and they ought to be proud.Then I was made aware of a "Stupid Draft" move we made last year for someone nobody had ever heard of. Now who's stupid? After about 30 minutes of Texan bashing, I started laying down some facts alot from what I have read here.By the end of the conversation they were all saying that they agree the Texans will be better than years past. I'm not sure if it was the things I pointed out, or when I asked when was the last time they made the playoffs( which by the way I answered for them) that changed their tone. Either way Dallas fans still suck like their team.
I being in Cowboys/Broncos/Chiefs country myself, can relate to this story. I'll let our good buddy speak for me though...

I feel your pain.
Old 08-11-2007   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

If there is one thing that that just DRIVES ME CRAZY, is the Cowgirl fans at work.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne

Last edited by Thorn; 08-11-2007 at 07:27 AM.
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007   #5
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

They (cowgirls) have themselves in a funny situation with Romo and his contract talks. My perfect scenario for them is that they sign him to a huge contract, and then he starts to show his true lack of talent as he did late last season.

Oh yeah, I hope Mr. McNair can get his/our team to the 2011 Super Bowl being played in jerry jones' new stadium. Now that would be justice served!
Old 08-11-2007   #6
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
They (cowgirls) have themselves in a funny situation with Romo and his contract talks. My perfect scenario for them is that they sign him to a huge contract, and then he starts to show his true lack of talent as he did late last season.

Oh yeah, I hope Mr. McNair can get his/our team to the 2011 Super Bowl being played in jerry jones' new stadium. Now that would be justice served!
I don't know if the Tacks are hosting a SuperBowl anytime soon.
But true justice would be winning the Super Bowl in Bud's stadium.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007   #7
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

We had a Cowboy fan that used to work in my office, I fired him.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read