Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-01-2004   #1
WincInsider
Rookie

Default William & Mary QB, Lang Campbell

There's talk that the Texans are looking to sign William & Mary's QB, Lang Campbell ... anyone else hear this ?

UD Head Coach K.C. Keeler on Tribe quarterback Lang Campbell ...
"There's not a better quarterback in the country. He has my All-American vote."

William & Mary Football
WincInsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

One question.

Why?
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #3
William
Rookie

really we have some good QBs as backups i think BJ will be nice to have once he gets back to full health
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #4
WincInsider
Rookie

I'm not sure but I'm from Winchester, VA and have heard from reliable source that they are very much interested ?

Why ??? maybe because money is always an issue I guess ?

We'll just have to wait and see if this does develop into reality.
Old 11-01-2004   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

They may like the Kid. I donno.

I do know that we drafted a QB in the last 3 drafts and still have them all and everyone is under contract. Carr (not going anywhere), Ragone (second year in the system) and Symmons (who everyone is very high on). If this kid is a first day pick there is little to no chance we pick him up.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004   #6
WincInsider
Rookie

I just know there's talk about it in his hometown here, a 1st day pick, I don't believe so ... so the Texans might have a chance to get him late ?
Old 12-04-2004   #7
Maverick34

Go Tribe! They just won a hell of a game vs. Delaware today in the playoffs, came back from 31-7 in the 4th Q to win in overtime

W&M traditionally produces good QBs though not NFL caliber. I think they had a guy who was a3rd QB for the Redskins a while ago but that was the exception. Other than Darren Sharper we haven't produced an NFL starter in a while.

Campbell isn't that big but not too small either, it will depend on his arm strength whether he gets a shot in the NFL
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read