Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Yellow & Orange Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2007   #1
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer
Default Grass or Concrete????

Which one is it for you?

I have to be in the grass, can't do the concrete unless it is raining. The grass is what makes the Yellow Lot special. Easier on my feet, kids can play, and it is alot cooler than being on concrete with the heat bouncing right back at you. Not sure who made the decision to only have grass in one lot, but I am glad they did!

But I do see quite a few people parking in the concrete even when there is plenty of parking in the grassy area. My question to you is why do you prefer the concrete? Allergies? Grass stains?
dskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 68496 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Grass or Concrete????

Grass is better but the concrete is closer to the stadium.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Grass!

We've tailgated on the concrete when it's raining, but it's always been a grass thing for us, as well (since the first season).

We have a very unique atmosphere at the yellow lot grass, because I don't think any other lot has the grass option.
Old 06-05-2007   #4
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 28635 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Pfft, concrete's the way to go.

....oh, wait - this isn't the Blue lot section is it.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #5
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

I say concrete, but I am biased! I know that washers are easier to find on concrete rather than grass. The EZ-UPS keep the concrete cool and the fans are there on the hot days. The grass can't be very good on the rain days.
Old 06-05-2007   #6
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Grass is the only way to go.

Trust me, when its 95 degees outside, you want to be on grass.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #7
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Grass is the only way to go.

Trust me, when its 95 degees outside, you want to be on grass.
Not me, I am in the shade on concrete. Sitting next to the margarita machine between games of washers. Everybody has their own preference, mine is concrete in the Orange Lot.
Old 06-05-2007   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

You forgot one option:

Platinum: a heavy, grayish-white, highly malleable and ductile metallic element, resistant to most chemicals, practically unoxidizable except in the presence of bases, and fusible only at extremely high temperatures: used for making chemical and scientific apparatus, as a catalyst in the oxidation of ammonia to nitric acid, and in jewelry.
Old 06-05-2007   #9
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

I thought platinum lot was covered in silstone?
Old 06-05-2007   #10
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskillz View Post
Which one is it for you?

I have to be in the grass, can't do the concrete unless it is raining. The grass is what makes the Yellow Lot special. Easier on my feet, kids can play, and it is alot cooler than being on concrete with the heat bouncing right back at you. Not sure who made the decision to only have grass in one lot, but I am glad they did!

But I do see quite a few people parking in the concrete even when there is plenty of parking in the grassy area. My question to you is why do you prefer the concrete? Allergies? Grass stains?
Can't we keep this a secret? I don't want a bunch of non-grass types taking up the prime grass real estate!
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeLotPole8 View Post
Not me, I am in the shade on concrete. Sitting next to the margarita machine between games of washers. Everybody has their own preference, mine is concrete in the Orange Lot.
Do you y'all even have a choice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
Can't we keep this a secret? I don't want a bunch of non-grass types taking up the prime grass real estate!
No doubt! grass? what grass?
Old 06-06-2007   #12
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
Orange has grass at the corner, right before you cross over to blue. That's where we were, but we also visit FILO and they are on concrete. The grass is easier on the legs for me.
Orange has grass? I thought it was a Yellow exclusive.
dskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007   #13
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

I would like to do it on the grass but since we have that nice area along the fence (off Murworth) it gives us the space we need.

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007   #14
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 925 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

Grass!
Old 06-05-2007   #15
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
The grass is horrible in the rain, and it catches fire a lot for those 95 degree days and it's a long, long, long, loooooong way from the stadium. For your own safety, I'd advise staying away from the grass.

thatsbulltailgaters.net

Last edited by Speedy; 06-05-2007 at 06:44 PM.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007   #16
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

I always tailgate on grass.....oh are we talkin about where we park??
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007   #17
Dean 74
Rookie

grass....duh
Dean 74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Yellow & Orange Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read