Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-31-2004   #1
supertankman
Rookie

Default Texans Predictions for the rest of the season...

I think the Texans have done well so far, but after looking at the remaining teams on their schedule, things could get ugly

Nov 7 @Denver 4:15pm (coin toss, hard to tell who wins this one)
Nov 14 @Indianapolis 1:00pm (Indy wins this one at home)
Nov 21 Green Bay 8:30pm (Greenbay wins this one allthough its a close one)
Nov 28 Tennessee 1:00pm (Tennesee wins this one for redemption)
Dec 5 @N.Y. Jets 1:00pm (another loss, damn, i cant take much more)
Dec 12 Indianapolis 1:00pm (We finally win one after 4 straight losses)
Dec 19 @Chicago 1:00pm (We win this one and make it back to back for the third time this season)
Dec 26 @Jacksonville 1:00pm (jacksonville wins and splits the series)
Jan 2 Cleveland 1:00pm (we win this one)

Its kinda hard to swallow thinking that we will only win 3 more games this year, but going 7-9 with a possible split (8-8) depending on the denver game isnt bad for a third year team. I hope we can do better and we do have a chance depending on our defense, if our defense keeps getting better we have a good chance to advance as a wild card this year, otherwise we make the playoffs next year. go Texans!
supertankman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #2
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Ok ok ok well that was terrible predictions in my opinion,,,,from what i've seen we have the ability to beat any team !!!! and i see us winning more than 3 more and i dont think that the titans have a very good chance at beating us at reliant !!!!!
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #3
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertankman
Dec 19 @Chicago 1:00pm (We win this one and make it back to back for the third time this season)
Jan 2 Cleveland 1:00pm (we win this one) ..
One game and one health check of the team at a time. Wasn't the consensus around here at the beginning of the season that we would win the first two, and lose the next two? And of course that didn't happen. The look of the schedule changes weekly to me. Green Bay & Indy could be winnable just as easy as Chicago and Cleveland could be loses.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #4
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

No way we lose to the Tacks at home. Denver will be coming off back-to-back losses now (??!?!) and will be fired up, but our preseason first-stringers did well against them. It'd be amazing if Denver dropped 3 straight, but it's possible. THAT will all depend on the Texans run D, which is improving.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #5
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
No way we lose to the Tacks at home. Denver will be coming off back-to-back losses now (??!?!) and will be fired up, but our preseason first-stringers did well against them. It'd be amazing if Denver dropped 3 straight, but it's possible. THAT will all depend on the Texans run D, which is improving.
I think the whole "will be fired up" thing is overrated. If they couldn't rebound from an embarrassing performance on MNF why should anyone think they will do it next week. Denver has been overrated since John Boy retired. Plummer is going to have his hands full with the Texans defense without more than one legitimate receiver to throw to.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #6
GeauxTexans
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker55
I think the whole "will be fired up" thing is overrated. If they couldn't rebound from an embarrassing performance on MNF why should anyone think they will do it next week. Denver has been overrated since John Boy retired. Plummer is going to have his hands full with the Texans defense without more than one legitimate receiver to throw to.
Plummer has not impressed either in AZ or Denver. Your right, they are overrated but we better be able to stop that running game.
GeauxTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think the Texans have done well so far, but after looking at the remaining teams on their schedule, things could get ugly

There's not a single game on that list that the Texans can't win and niether will you find one that's a sure thing. Good teams lose to bad teams all the time and by the time we get to say, the Jets for instance I can't honestly say whether the Texans will be one of the good ones or one of the bad ones. We're heading in the right direction though IMO.
Old 11-01-2004   #8
tex937

Posted by supertankman

Ummmmmmm......December 8th, 2002........47 total offense......Houston beats Pittsburgh 24-6, at Pittsburgh, in the Texans' FIRST YEAR??

anything is possible.......
Old 11-01-2004   #9
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Its not funny but the defense is coming along and all of a sudden we have a worry offensively. That is David's ankle. This may be the biggest factor facing the Texans. Without David we go nowhere. He's a trouper, but he's definitely having problems healing the ankle. Sprains are very hard to heal. He had two weeks and it didn't take long to be back on the limp list. I'm beginning to worry that its developing into a chronic problem.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #10
El_DudeArino
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to El_DudeArino Send a message via Yahoo to El_DudeArino
Angry Horrrendoobiousnessss!!!!!!

Quote:
"I think the Texans have done well so far, but after looking at the remaining teams on their schedule, things could get ugly"
This post is by far the worst I've seen to date, I had to cut most of it off.
The only chance Denver has to beat us is if Elway came out of retirement and we all know that ain't gonna happen. As for the rest of the chokers, if we stay healthy and Davis steps up we should blow the comp out of the way. The Texans are proving to the world how good they really are. I visited the Bronco mania boards and even they refer to Carr as "The Elway WE Wish We Had." They even offer to trade. haaaaaaa!!!

You were probably one of the people afraid of the Kitty Cats....

Old 11-01-2004   #11
jags98
Veteran

I predict 9-7
jags98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I can actually see us winning 5 of the remaining games - I don't think we will,
but I definitely think it's a real possibility. No way we win either game in the
next 2 weeks, but I think we can beat Indy & Tenn (to sweep them) here, along with GB, Clevland, & beat Chicago on the road. If we would get to 9-7,
we'd definitely be in the playoff hunt.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004   #13
Andre_Johnson80
Veteran

We will beat the jags and titans and we will be in good standing for at least a wild card when the time comes.
Andre_Johnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004   #14
chicagotexan
All Pro

I'll stick with 8-8 as very likely. But I can see 9-7 as possible.
chicagotexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

It's impossible to say how the rest of the season goes. We beat the Chiefs back in week 3 but if we'd caught the Chiefs last week or the week before we'd have been mauled I believe. So much of it depends on where you catch the other team in it's schedule. Teams (well most of them) are going to have highs and lows throughout the year. Denver's in a low at the moment but does that end this coming week? I don't know. I hope it doesn't. I'm sure they're not done winning games but I'd like to add one more loss to their slump before they turn it around. Ditto for Indianapolis.

If we catch some of these "good" teams at the right time, come to play, and leave it all out there on the field then we can win the majority of these games. We can also lose them because it's unlikely that we don't go through a slump of our own sooner or later.

I'm just taking these games one at a time and enjoying not being an expansion team anymore.
Old 11-02-2004   #16
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:

Nov 7 @Denver 4:15pm (coin toss, Houston wins this one)
Nov 14 @Indianapolis 1:00pm (Houston wins this one at Indy)
Nov 21 Green Bay 8:30pm (Houston wins this one allthough its a close one)
Nov 28 Tennessee 1:00pm (Houston wins this one for a season sweep)
Dec 5 @N.Y. Jets 1:00pm (another win, damn, i cant take much more)
Dec 12 Indianapolis 1:00pm (We win another one and make it 8 straight wins)
Dec 19 @Chicago 1:00pm (We win this one and make nine straight for the first time this season)
Dec 26 @Jacksonville 1:00pm (Houston wins and sweeps the series)

I dont know about yall but I like it
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read