Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2007   #1
AZwhoopr
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 74
Rep Power: 9 AZwhoopr is a Pro BowlerAZwhoopr is a Pro Bowler
Default Amobi Okoye Jersey Transfer



Many keep telling me he looks like a crybaby in the pic, but I for one like the emotion.
And what's up with me having to create a new screen name! Did everyone have to do this at some time?
AZwhoopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007   #2
Overalls
Hall of Fame
 
Overalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 47
Posts: 2,350
Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZwhoopr;667500And [COLOR="Red"
what's up with me having to create a new screen name![/color] Did everyone have to do this at some time?
You MAY have had to do this because you were a member of TexansTalk, but not the "official" main Texans board. When the cross over/take over happened all of the TexanTalk info became what was the old main board info. Thus many posters like me lost well over a thousand post inj their post count.
__________________
Proud original member of the Texans Bull Pen

451
Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007   #3
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer
 
Texans_Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,235
Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
You MAY have had to do this because you were a member of TexansTalk, but not the "official" main Texans board. When the cross over/take over happened all of the TexanTalk info became what was the old main board info. Thus many posters like me lost well over a thousand post inj their post count.
Contact Vinny. I believe he can fix your post totals.
__________________
More? Please check out Ultimate Texans Chronicle Blog & Steph Stradley Blog & Twitter @StephStradley
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007   #4
Scooter
Funky
 
Scooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 34
Posts: 4,801
Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Contact Vinny. I believe he can fix your post totals.
yup, just give vinny an approximate join date and post count and i'm pretty sure they can be adjusted for you. overalls yours can be tweeked too if you'd prefer.
__________________
Scooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007   #5
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy
 
Hookem Horns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 7,283
Rep Power: 80316 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

There has been no "take over". I still run this site like I always have. The only difference is I have a lot more help now and the result is a lot more relevant football talk and less BS. Also, the old board had to go due to software and server issues and had to come down without notice because it was crashing my server. I had no time to get input from anyone.

BTW, I solely take the blame for the issues of the last board. I never really asked for help and only had 2 mods, well actually one, the other one quit and unregistered because of the referrenced "BS" that was taking over the old board. That left Pete and he did a great job when he was online but he has a life and couldn't be on the board at all times. Now we have a team of mods so chances are there is always one online at any given time.

I also want to say this. I am a little disappointed in a couple of the old TT folks. I have received a couple of "impersonal" emails letting me know that they no longer want to be associated with this site and to remove them altogether (BTW, I am not referring to Pete, he had other reasons). I assume they were offended because of the change. Considering what I have done for some of them over the years without asking for anything in return is disappointing, also the fact that I know some of them personally. The irritating thing is this change was not because of or directed at any of them. I thought I would make this place better for them by eliminating some of the new riff raff that started taking over. Some of that riff raff included daily porn postings/spamming that started happening on a daily basis. I couldn't keep up with all of that myself.

I really tried to go out of my way by including them in the change by making sure there was still an area of the board where they could continue to discuss get togethers, etc. That part of the site would not be overly moderated because it wouldn't need to be. I also made sure that they could get back their post count numbers, etc.

I have refrained from posting this in the past but I want some of them to know how I feel.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007   #6
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan
 
FirstTexansFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New Braunfels, Tx.
Age: 56
Posts: 2,285
Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan
Default

I'd add you also do this for free Well free for we the users, I'm sure you have hosting charges, and I'm sure this forum software had a price as well. Don't let it bother you, there are so many of us happy to have a legitimate place to post and read good football information, that the number of negative Nancy's can't compare. I appreciate your efforts even if you do have a funny name <grin>
__________________
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007   #7
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus
 
BigWig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dripping Springs Tx
Posts: 1,252
Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
There has been no "take over". I still run this site like I always have. The only difference is I have a lot more help now and the result is a lot more relevant football talk and less BS. Also, the old board had to go due to software and server issues and had to come down without notice because it was crashing my server. I had no time to get input from anyone.

BTW, I solely take the blame for the issues of the last board. I never really asked for help and only had 2 mods, well actually one, the other one quit and unregistered because of the referrenced "BS" that was taking over the old board. That left Pete and he did a great job when he was online but he has a life and couldn't be on the board at all times. Now we have a team of mods so chances are there is always one online at any given time.

I also want to say this. I am a little disappointed in a couple of the old TT folks. I have received a couple of "impersonal" emails letting me know that they no longer want to be associated with this site and to remove them altogether (BTW, I am not referring to Pete, he had other reasons). I assume they were offended because of the change. Considering what I have done for some of them over the years without asking for anything in return is disappointing, also the fact that I know some of them personally. The irritating thing is this change was not because of or directed at any of them. I thought I would make this place better for them by eliminating some of the new riff raff that started taking over. Some of that riff raff included daily porn postings/spamming that started happening on a daily basis. I couldn't keep up with all of that myself.

I really tried to go out of my way by including them in the change by making sure there was still an area of the board where they could continue to discuss get togethers, etc. That part of the site would not be overly moderated because it wouldn't need to be. I also made sure that they could get back their post count numbers, etc.

I have refrained from posting this in the past but I want some of them to know how I feel.
Aw comeon inquiring minds want to know, drop some names kev! JK
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-18-2007   #8
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58
 
NitroGSXR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Washington, D.C.
Age: 38
Posts: 10,832
Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
There has been no "take over". I still run this site like I always have. The only difference is I have a lot more help now and the result is a lot more relevant football talk and less BS. Also, the old board had to go due to software and server issues and had to come down without notice because it was crashing my server. I had no time to get input from anyone.

BTW, I solely take the blame for the issues of the last board. I never really asked for help and only had 2 mods, well actually one, the other one quit and unregistered because of the referrenced "BS" that was taking over the old board. That left Pete and he did a great job when he was online but he has a life and couldn't be on the board at all times. Now we have a team of mods so chances are there is always one online at any given time.

I also want to say this. I am a little disappointed in a couple of the old TT folks. I have received a couple of "impersonal" emails letting me know that they no longer want to be associated with this site and to remove them altogether (BTW, I am not referring to Pete, he had other reasons). I assume they were offended because of the change. Considering what I have done for some of them over the years without asking for anything in return is disappointing, also the fact that I know some of them personally. The irritating thing is this change was not because of or directed at any of them. I thought I would make this place better for them by eliminating some of the new riff raff that started taking over. Some of that riff raff included daily porn postings/spamming that started happening on a daily basis. I couldn't keep up with all of that myself.

I really tried to go out of my way by including them in the change by making sure there was still an area of the board where they could continue to discuss get togethers, etc. That part of the site would not be overly moderated because it wouldn't need to be. I also made sure that they could get back their post count numbers, etc.

I have refrained from posting this in the past but I want some of them to know how I feel.
Let me say this as a 'newcomer' to TexansTalk.com...

I was a member of the Houstontexans.com boards for over a year. My post count isn't very high but I visited that website religiously and I do mean religiously. It was my website away from website.

Since the change, I've discovered TexansTalk.com and now have actually set this website to be my homepage. I consider myself to be a quality poster who tries to monitor my post count. By that, I mean I tend to shy away from post padding posts although I'm participating in the deathmatch thing that was proposed last night. I realize that I haven't earned the reputation in order to be a solid posting contributor on either websites. I'm trying to say that I've now virtually abandonded houstontexans.com in leiu of TexansTalk.com. You may have lost some of your posters but you've also gained some. I'm here and I'm loving being here.

I appreciate the website tremenously and hope that you don't begin to feel discouraged from running the site. Your post had that tone to it. Sure, I have some problems with the format of the board like the message boards being inside a ... hmmm I don't know what to call it. Ha! Doesn't matter. I'm here to talk football and feel that for the most part, the moderators you've recruited to work on this board have done a fairly solid job. A couple have 'attitudes' but they get the job done and I couldn't ask for more.

I don't succumb to brownnosing but HOOK 'EM!! I bleed burnt orange.

Last edited by NitroGSXR; 05-18-2007 at 09:16 AM.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger