Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-30-2004   #1
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default Listen to the McLain comments on Jags game!

Where have we heard these comments before. In particular the last few seconds of the broadcast. Sounds like this board. Open up the offense and we just might win the game. Kind of funny to hear those words out of John. Looks like he has lost interest in Tennesse and is beginning to follow the Texans. That's a very good sign that we must be opening some eyes around the league.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004   #2
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Is this McLain guy your typical bandwagon jumper? I was watching NFL Matchup on NFL network, and they were saying decent things about the Texans. Good days are ahead.
Old 10-30-2004   #3
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Open up the offense and we just might win the game. Kind of funny to hear those words out of John.
Why is that funny? He's been saying that for weeks - just like a lot of other people.

Quote:
Looks like he has lost interest in Tennesse and is beginning to follow the Texans.
McClain watches every Texans game from the press box wherever he's at on the road. At least that's what he says every Monday morning. He covers every Cowboys road game (wonder how he got that gem of an assignment) and mixes in assorted games of high interest the other 9 weeks of the season. He's on local radio in Houston every Monday and Friday for about 2 1/2 hours and talks a lot about the Texans and most other teams in the league. He's been following the Texans from Day 1 but he doesn't get to go to many of their games. He doesn't write about them that much because that's not his job - that job would belong to Joseph Duarte and Carlton Thompson. When he does cover them, it's often a "special to" like the offering this week on nfl.com. I doubt if he will lose interest in Tennessee before every last employee of the old Oilers is gone from that organization, including his friend C.O. Brocato who is on the preliminary nomination list for the Pro Football HOF Class of 2005.

Last edited by aj.; 10-30-2004 at 08:45 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

We hear McLain quite a bit here in Houston Ibar. You are behind the curve a bit. He takes great interest in the team and he is all over the radio all week, every week. I don't think it is a state secret that we will need to win this game with a good air attack. The Jags have one of the best interior linemen tandems in the NFL.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004   #5
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4103 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

I especially like how he picks us to lose every week. Always close to the same score also. This week its Jags 23 Texans 20. I understand why he does it though, but I always get a chuckle out of it.
Old 10-30-2004   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I've picked us to lose nearly every week too....but I'm not on the radio (and I stay away from the prediction threads).
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read