Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-26-2004   #1
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default spears or NT from oregon

since we all know that were going to go DT in round one who do you think we should get, spears or maybe trade down alittle bit and get the NT from oregon Niagita. Than I could see us going middle lineback in round two. Tell me what you think?
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004   #2
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

There's nothing set in stone saying we will draft DL. Ngata has had a serious knee injury in the past, plus he is an underclassmen. He will have to declare himself eligible for the draft.
Old 10-26-2004   #3
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

spears would be the top choice in my mind unless we can take antrell rolle...don't think we won't take another corner in round one...there are three really good ones that will be in this years draft and glenn isn't getting any younger...actually he's probably close to that age where corners start thinking retirement...another position to keep in mind is runningback...with our lack of a franchise runner don't sleep on cadillac williams from auburn
Old 10-26-2004   #4
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

no way we go running back in the first round, domanick davis has way to much talent and is only in his second year, marcus spears is where will go
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

It would not shock me to see us take a RB if the right guy is availible. I like Ronnie Brown as a pro prospect more than Williams though. Long term, I think Dom is a 3rd down back in this league.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004   #6
Mistril48
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
It would not shock me to see us take a RB if the right guy is availible...
I agree, sort of.

I think Casserly will go value if the right guy (character, health) falls to him in the first round. RB is historically a position where prospects will drop during the draft, particularly lately. Up to now, the Texans needed everything, so it appeared they were drafting need.

I hope they can get a top ILB, or trade the pick.
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004   #7
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123
since we all know that were going to go DT in round one who do you think we should get, spears or maybe trade down alittle bit and get the NT from oregon Niagita. Than I could see us going middle lineback in round two. Tell me what you think?
The only thing I know is that the only position we won't draft in the first round is QB. While getting some young bodies in the DL is most likely a priority, the 1st round of the draft, while a good place, is not the only place to address the defensive line.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-03-2004   #8
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Hey, TexanCanes

Does Spears have a bipolar disorder? I think Marquise Hill was bipolar, but someone told me Spears has it too. Just wondering if they were confusing the two.
Old 11-04-2004   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Dont be suprised to see us go with: DT/DL/RB/CB/SS-FS/QB, ok just kidding.

We really cant pick a position to draft from, due to the fact that we dont know where we will end up in the rankings. I think we have the 19th pick with a 4-3 record. So anything can happen. Also it depends on what is taken in front of us. A run on DL men, would push us to take a player like Cadillac, or a run on CB's and RB's would force us to go DL. Also injuries can play into who we choose.

But wishful thinking makes me want to go RB. Im not impressed with DD at the moment, and I would like to take a chance on a player of 1st round caliber.

1. Benson.
2.A. Cadillac
2.B. Brown
3. Morency
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read